Philadelphia Babies
Options

OB/GYN Recommendations - Philly

I'm new to the board. I planning to have a baby in the next few years and wanted to start seeing an OB/GYN in the city - Center City or Old City. Any recommendations?

Any thoughts on Penn OB/GYN & Midwifery Care and Dr. Ewing or Dr. Mehta? There were mixed reviews online.

Thanks.

Re: OB/GYN Recommendations - Philly

• Options
    I just started seeing Dr. Ariella Glazer at PennCare for Women in the Curtis Center.  I really like her and the practice seems good.  They deliver at Pennsylvania Hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I see Dr. Renbaum at Penn Care for Women.  I'm really happy with her, and the practice overall.  I had my baby at Pennsylvania Hosptial 6 weeks ago.  It was a really great experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dr. Ewing was my gyno for ~3 years until I found out I was pregnant last October.  I really liked her and did not have one complaint.  I would have kept her for my OB if I wasn't 20 miles outside the city. 

• Options
    I see Dr Johannson (male) at Penn OBGYN and midwifery in the Curtis center (9th floor). I think he is in the group with Mehta. He has been my GYN since 2005 and now is my "OB" since I got pregnant in August. I love him. He has always taken the time to explain things and I never feel rushed, etc with him. Great bedside manner. Highly recommend him!
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options

Dr. Ewing delivered my son.  She wasn't my main doctor, but she was the one on call that night.  I loved her.  She was supportive, but very matter of fact about things.

That being said, my main OB/GYN was Dr. Gearhardt.  I LOVED him.  Really laid back, super nice guy.

I was not a fan of Dr. Mehta.  

My only complaint about that practice is that is was HUGE.  There is almost always a wait before your appointment.  I was satisfied with them though and if we hadn't moved out of the city, I would still be going there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"