Health & Exercise
Options

Freezing outside and no money for gym membership

It's too cold to take the baby outside these days so that I could at least walk quickly with the stroller in an attempt to get some exercise.

I am also staying at home with her for the year so there isn't any additional money to get a gym membership where I could take advantage of babysitting while I worked out.

I'm sure other mothers are in this position, so if you are, what do you do for exercise?

Re: Freezing outside and no money for gym membership

• Options
    Hi, I have just recently become a sahm.  My son was born prematurely & is still in the nicu.  Because I was going to school we will be paying off some student loans.  So I don't know if I will have "exercise money" either.  I do yoga.  You can find a yoga mat cheap and do a dvd.  David Swenson has a really good Ashtanga dvd which gives you a good workout.  My hubby likes doing it.  You can get it I believe from Amazon.
  • Options
    I work out at home sometimes when DD is napping and I use Comcast's OnDemand ExerciseTV.  It's free and has tons of workouts from cardio to yoga and everything in between.  It also rotates so I don't get bored.  If you don't have Comcast, whatever your cable company is might have something similar.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love 30 Day Shred it is only a 25 min or 6 week 6 pack it is 30 mins long they are both 9 bucks at walmart and they are both with Jillian Michaels
  • Options
    Go to the mall.  Pack baby in the stroller and take a few laps around the inside of the mall... just stay away from the food court!
    New mom to a beautiful baby girl, born 11-14-10. BF for first 6 weeks, currently trying to relactate. http://relactationjourney.blogspot.com/
  • Options

I have a really flexible schedule, so when I'm home watching the kiddo I do P90X. I did the full 13 week program and now I'm just doing the maintenance program. I usually do it really early in the morning. She wakes up at 5am to eat, but then she goes back to bed for about 2-2.5 hours. Just enough time for me to eat, workout and shower.

If you can't afford P90X I would check out the variety of podcasts out there.

• Options

imagejamalynn:
    I work out at home sometimes when DD is napping and I use Comcast's OnDemand ExerciseTV.  It's free and has tons of workouts from cardio to yoga and everything in between.  It also rotates so I don't get bored.  If you don't have Comcast, whatever your cable company is might have something similar.  GL!

This! I can't get to my daytime yoga classes anymore because DD is too young for childwatch. I just did a particularly punishing class on AT&T's On Demand list yesterday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejamalynn:

This exactly!  If you already have Comcast OnDemand then it is 100% free :)  Also, it's easy to convince DH to watch the baby when I'm just in the other room.  We're still EBF, and LO has some eating problems which make him want food as frequently as every 1.5 hours, so leaving the house for even a workout can push it past my and DH's comfort zone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"