New to The Bump

Just starting on here

Hello All,

I'm just getting started on "the bump" and I love it already. There is so much info here and I really enjoy reading everyone's story. My husband and I are TTC. I got off BC in February (2010) and so far nothing has happened. I am Insulin Resistant and my dr said that could slow down this whole process but I wish it would happen quicker:) My husband and I have been married 2 years and he is about to with an undergrad degree and move on to grad school. We think that we are now ready to grow our family. Anyone have any advice to make this all happen sooner?

Re: Just starting on here

• hi! Welcome! Don't be surprised if it takes a while...that said, I would recommend drinking lots of fluids and green tea to increase CM. I think the green tea was what helped me to conceive after 4 mos of trying. GL!
  • When you say you're IR, does that mean you've been diagnosed with PCOS? That can slow down the process, but it doesn't mean you can't conceive. Typically if you haven't gotten pregnant within a year of TTC, you should see your dr (and potentially a reproductive endocrinologist if you're not getting help from your ob/gyn) to see what you can do. That being said, the average couple can take up to a year to conceive, so you're not out of the normal range yet.

Are you charting or monitoring any other fertility signs? If not, I would recommend getting a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and/or signing up for the tutorial on fertilityfriend.com. Your IR and not knowing your cycle may mean you're not timing it as well as you could.

GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"