Health & Exercise
Options

intro-need motivation / workout advice

OK. So I've been slacking, using the excuse that I am too tired to work out. I am tired, DD still doesn't sleep through the night, and I haven't figured out any time that I can work out. My gym membership is going to waste! At 2 years they will watch her while I work out, but I can't wait that long, obviously. Ideally, it would be great if I could work out with her, but I can't afford the mommy & me classes. I do have a jogging stroller that we borrowed, but it is freezing here. I can't see taking her out with me in this cold, right?

I haven't gone to the gym at night because by the time I get LO to bed, I'm beat, and then sometimes she'll still wake up for another feeding. I am not a morning person at all. LO gets up at 2 am for a feeding. Do I really need to get up at 4 am to go to the gym, after I just got back to sleep at 3 am from her last feeding? I feel like I might as well never go to sleep at all then.

I do freelance/contract work from home so sometimes I have nothing going on, but sometimes I am swamped working from morning to late at night between work and trying to care for my 8 month old.

I was running before and walking during pregnancy. I tried to run around 4 months PP and I had horrible pains, figured I was still healing...so I stopped and never tried again.

I got back to my pre preggo weight at 6 months (thanks to EBF), but I am just out of shape-my jeans still don't fit properly. BTW-will they ever fit the same again? I miss my favorite jeans.

How do you do it? TIA!

Re: intro-need motivation / workout advice

• Options
    I just promised myself no excuses, because getting back in shape was something I really wanted.  I am not sure what your situation is (if you are married or not) but DH watches DD while I am at the gym.  She usually goes to sleep around 7 - 7:30pm, and I work out for 8pm - 9pm five days a week.  It's hard, and most days I don't want to go, but it is important to me, so no matter how tired I am I make myself go, and I always feel better after I go.  I also work full time, so there are definitely days I want to just do nothing when she goes to bed.  Now, before I went back to work, I would get up and go to the gym after her 3am feeding, but since I have to leave for work early I don't have time in the morning.  I hope that helps some.  Oh, and my old jeans do fit again (LO is 5 1/2 months old) Yoga helped a lot with that.  GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks! Yeah, I guess I just need to make a schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, I get sucked into getting her to bed & cleaning up. I am married-DH is gone from 7:30am - 6pm. I guess I just need to make a schedule and go after her first night time feeding. Glad to know there is hope for my jeans Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"