December 2010 Moms
Options

Outside Moms- Who is having night sweats/chills?

I am trying to figure out if this is related to having a c/s, BF, or just hormonal changes after birth.  I had this with DS too, and it totally sucks.  At first, it was just really bad chills during the night- we're talking teeth chattering, pile on the blankets, look like a seizure chills.  Then for the last 2 nights I have started having night sweats.  Soaking through my clothes and then followed by the chills.  I know that not everyone experiences this, but for those that have, what's your story- C/S vs. Vaginal, BF vs. FF? 

Re: Outside Moms- Who is having night sweats/chills?

• Options

I have had night sweats throughout my third trimester and now as a mom.  They're a great time, huh?  Yes

I had my baby vaginally and I pump/attempt breastfeeding.  :) 

ETA: I vote it's just hormones going nuts.

• Options
    I had them last week and they sucked. I had a c/s as well and we FF. I have incision issues though so I thought maybe I was getting an infection there or possibly a UTI because I also had a slight fever. So my doctor put me on antibiotics and I haven't really had the sweats/chills since. I think for me it was a combination of everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a BFing c/s mom and I have them so bad that I put a waterproof pad under me. Ugh, hate it!
  • Options
    I had pretty bad chills/sweats for the first two or three weeks after delivery. My doctor said its normal - my hormones were readjusting. Its like a mini menopause. lol Good news is that it goes away.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    I had them for a few days after giving birth, but now they're gone.  It's definitely hormonal.  I though I was getting sick, but the nurses said it's totally normal.  I'm BF (EP) and had him vaginally.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    EBF and delivered Vaginally. I guess I've been having the sweats too. I just thought I was drooling heavily.
  • Options

imageLovesMM:
    I just thought I was drooling heavily.

lmao

• Options

imageOhSewCrafty:
    I had pretty bad chills/sweats for the first two or three weeks after delivery. My doctor said its normal - my hormones were readjusting. Its like a mini menopause. lol Good news is that it goes away.

Ditto this - except mine haven't gone away yet ;-)  Dr. said the hot flashes were due to my estrogen levels changing from pregnancy to not.  I have to change my top two to three times a night and wash the sheets almost daily.  So tired of it!  Oh, and I was a c-section BF-er.

• Options
    I've had them too, glad to see I'm not the only one! I'm a c/s and EBF momma.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Vaginal delivery and EBF.  I have a fever when I delivered (yeah, that helped) so I kept on thinking that the chills/sweats in the hospital were from that.  The hospital nurses assured me it was hormones, but it sucks when you have to pee and are standing there chattering and shaking so bad that you can't move.  fun times-  2nd time moms- when does this end?
  • Options
    I am having them both.  I had a vaginal delivery and was an EBF.  Due to an infection in both breasts I am pumping currently until the infection clears up, but it hasn't stopped my night sweats/chills which started less then a week after delivery. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelderea:
     2nd time moms- when does this end?

With DS, I remember dealing with it almost nightly for at least a month.  Then it was random- just maybe like every couple weeks or so?  What lasted a lot longer were the night terrors.  I was still having those right up until I got pg again and then they stopped.  DH has some hilarious stories about things I've said or done in the middle of the night when I thought something was attacking us or DS.  Awesome.

• Options
    I had night sweats starting about half-way through my pregnancy... It didn't stop until about a week after LO was born.  Now I would say that I'm fairly regulated... Good Luck!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't remember this the first days after birth but then again I had far worse things going on with my body to focus on.(vaginal delivery) After every BF sessions some nights I'm shivering although the second floor is warm. I wake up covered in sweat every time I go to feed. Even more. I thought I was one ofthe lucky ones that doesn't leak and I woke up in a huge pool of milk. Gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"