Health & Exercise
Options

Strong side stitches?

I'm 32 weeks and I've been doing short runs (3-5 miles) 3x a week and long walks twice a week though out my pregnancy. Lately I've been having really strong side stitches when I walk. They started out occasionally but now they happen every time and they've started happening sometimes when I run.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not going fast or doing anything differently than before. I just started wearing a Gabrialla support belt but it doesn't seem to make any difference with the side stitches. I have a doctor's appt on Thurs so I'll ask about it then but I wanted to see if anyone has any tips or advice. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Strong side stitches?

• Options

I started getting really bad side stitches around 34 weeks.  I went from running daily in the 1st and 2nd tri to brisk walks in the 3rd.  Once I started getting those stitches, I stopped walking.  It wasn't like a regular side stitch that will go away.  After one particularly long and painful walk, I gave up altogether.  I think it's the increase weight of the baby and the stress running puts on the round ligaments.  Might be time to switch to a lower impact exercise.  I spent my final few weeks on a stationary bike.  Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been worried that this might be a sign I'll need to stop soon :( Unfortunately I don't have a gym membership or access to a pool so I don't know what I'll do if I can't run and walk. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"