North Dakota Babies

Update on my dad

I apologize in advance...I'm going to have to post and run.  Kellen woke up at 3:45am and didn't go back down until 5:45am, then was up again at 6:30am.  Have I mentioned I loooove teething!  Ugh.  I got maybe 3 hours sleep. 

Anyways, thanks for all the FB messages, texts, etc today.  I'm so thankful for your support.  My dad's surgery took about twice as long as expected.  They were gaining access to his right lung using scopes, but came across some calcified lymph nodes.  Apparently, these are from previous infections from when he was younger, and are very common in the Ohio Valley.  Who knew?!  Anyways, they couldn't proceed with the scope procedure and had to go in with a much bigger incision.  They removed the top part of his right lung as well as the surrounding lymph nodes.  They'll test those and we'll know the results in a few days.  He has two chest tubes and is in a lot of pain from his incision and from when they had to spread his ribs.  Ouch! 

Now the recovery part begins.  When a part of your lung is removed, it creates air leaks in the lung tissue.  Those leaks repair themselves over time.  It could take 5 days or two weeks, it just depends on his healing ability.  I didn't get to see him after surgery b/c I had to go get Kellen, but I plan on going tomorrow after work.  Again, thanks so much for the continued thoughts and prayers.  You ladies rock! 

Re: Update on my dad

• I hope your dad has quick healing ability!  tons of continued thoughts & prayers!
  • I continue to send him more *Healing vibes* and keep you all in my prayers.
    image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • I've been thinking of you and your dad all day! Tons and tons of speedy recovery vibes!!!
  • Speedy healing vibes!
  • I really hope he has a smooth and speedy recovery!
  • Many many prayers for your Dad and your whole family as he heals!!
  • Praying for quick healing and great results for your Dad!
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Wow.  I hope he recovers very quickly.  Interestingly, my sister's MIL had to have surgery around this time last year because of a lung anomaly/breathing trouble.  They also found calcified lymph nodes.  She is from the Ohio Valley (now lives in FL), & was told that this was common in that area as well.  Very strange.  Sending continued thoughts & prayers for your family!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Glad to hear he made it out of surgery well. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
  • Hopefully the airleaks seal themselves up quickly & he'll have those Chest Tubes out in a flash!!! **vibes** for a speedy recovery!!!
  • I have been praying for him. I'm glad the surgery is over with and I really hope he heels quickly. I'll keep him in my T&P for a quick recovery and good results back.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tons of :::vibes::: for a speedy recovery for your Dad!!
    Anniversary
  • Tons of :::: vibes :::: for your dad's recovery!
  • imagedani_girl08:
    Wow.  I hope he recovers very quickly.  Interestingly, my sister's MIL had to have surgery around this time last year because of a lung anomaly/breathing trouble.  They also found calcified lymph nodes.  She is from the Ohio Valley (now lives in FL), & was told that this was common in that area as well.  Very strange.  Sending continued thoughts & prayers for your family!

Very strange indeed! 

• Continued prayers and vibes for your Daddy. Hope his recovery is speedy and that the tests come back with good results. Hugs!
  • Sending lots and lots of continued vibes. Hope the surgery was a success and hope your Dad is feeling better very soon
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sending good healing ability vibes to your dad! Hope he recovers quickly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"