VBAC

get down baby

So had my 36wk apt today and baby high closed tight cervix.

Any tips to get this guy headed in the right direction??  I know its early but I really want VBAC and need him to drop.

TIA ladies

Re: get down baby

• Is he head down?  If so, some babies don't drop until labor, so you're still good to go!  GL!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check out spinningbabies.com - I'm pretty sure she has tips on getting baby to drop, although I have heard for 2nd time mamas it can happen even closer to delivery than 1st time, so (while I 100% get wanting to get them to drop early - I'm already checking to see if baby is head down) it most likely isn't anything to be concerned about yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • He is head down, not sure what way he is facing, was just told he is really high.  I don't think my DS ever dropped into birth canal, part of doc's reasoning for CS.

Thanks ladies

• FWIW, DS never dropped either.  My doula actually had another VBAC client who was the same - didn't drop for first c/s baby.  She went into labor, he still hadn't dropped, and they actually did some positions/movements during labor to get him down.  She ended up having her VBAC. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's pretty common for 2nd + babies to stay high until you are in active labor.  They don't always drop before labor starts like first babies do.  So try not to stress about it (easier said than done, I know).  Your baby's station at this point means nothing for your chances for a vaginal birth.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"