New Orleans Babies

Pictures with Santa

Where are you taking little one to get pictures with Santa? Do they let you take your own pictures? 

Re: Pictures with Santa

• Oakwood or Clearview Mall.  I took DS to Oakwood 2 years ago (last year we were out of town) and loved hte pics, quality, and they offer a package with CD and copyright.  We went to Lakeside Mall this year and the package selections are expensive and small and they offer no CD.  On top of that, the quality of th epicture was grainy, blurry, and I had to scan and reproduce the pics to get enough for my family.

$27 for 6 pictures. 

• Thank you! I've heard good things about Oakwood's santa this year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I would not recommend Lakeside. 

We went this year to hang out with my SIL and nephews and MIL to see Santa "arrive" at the mall.  It was just something for us all to do and get the kids out.  After hanging around for a bit we decided to go ahead and get the kids' pictures taken with Santa that day since the line was short and quick and we had dressed them all up "just in case" anyway.  The Santa was nice, and the photographer was great at getting the kids to smile, but the quality of the picture is just sucky.  Like PP said - it's grainy and it's kind of far away - they could have zoomed in some, ya know?  To give you an idea here is DD's pic from this year (and FWIW, I scanned this and then had to crop it quite a bit because it really is far away):

And yes, the packages were expensive.  $25 for one 5x7 and four wallets.  Ridiculous.  No self portraits allowed, no digital options offered.  I am glad MIL paid!  lol 

Sounds like Oakwood had a good setup.  We may even try taking a little road trip out to Bass Pro next year (it's in Denham Springs or Gonzalez right?) because the pics I've seen from the Bass Pros around the country look really nice. 
  • We took the boys to the mall in Baton Rouge (I like the Santa there) but I did see the Oakwood Santa when I went to return some stuff. He was adorable and there was no line (granted, it was a weekday) so I kind of wish I'd taken them there.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"