North Dakota Babies
Options

YAY or NAY re: Juice

So K won't drink out of a sippy - I have put water and BM, she isn't interested.  I don't know if she can't figure it out or she just doesn't want to.  Last night, we decided to use a juicer to juice some apples and then watered them down and offered them to K in a sippy.  She liked it but it wasn't enough to entice her to try to drink from the sippy.

But she likes pears a million times more than apples.  So should I try pear juice, freshly juiced at my house, or do you think it is just as bad as offering her grocery store juice?  I did about 25% apple juice and the rest water.  It was so yummy.  I might have to make my own juice all the time now.  Seriously, so good. 

I think that if she didn't like the pear juice I would just go back to regular water in the sippy.  I am hoping that eventually she will learn to use a sippy.  If she does use the sippy with the pear juice I will wean out the juice and water it down a little bit more everyday until she is just drinking water again.

Thoughts?  I think I am thinking too much into this.  ha.

Re: YAY or NAY re: Juice

• Options
    Sure, try the pear!  I can't remember how old G was when he started using a sippy cup, but it was probably around a year.
  • Options

imageWendells:
    Sure, try the pear!  I can't remember how old G was when he started using a sippy cup, but it was probably around a year.

He was a year?  Well that makes me feel better.  My pedi was making it sound like she needs to use a sippy yesterday and she was behind.  I am not going to stress about it then.  I am going to keep offering her water but I might still have to try the pear.  I bet pear juice is yummy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would try pear juice. Marcos does not like apple juice but does like pear juice. It is worth a try. Don't worry so much about what your ped says. She may want to go at her own pace. If she doesn't want a sippy don't push it.
  • Options
    imageAshleysred:

imageWendells:

He was a year?  Well that makes me feel better.  My pedi was making it sound like she needs to use a sippy yesterday and she was behind.  I am not going to stress about it then.  I am going to keep offering her water but I might still have to try the pear.  I bet pear juice is yummy.

I can't remember when I started putting one out.  I'd put water in it and leave it around, and I'm pretty sure I never even gave him water until after he was a year old.

She'll do it when she's ready.  I don't know why so many pedi's want these babies to grow up so fast!  it annoys me.  

I'm sure Gavin is behind on some things that he is "supposed" to be doing, but he'll get there.  If I could get him to eat some solid veggies, I'd be so happy!

here's an article on sippy cups on babycenter:  https://www.babycenter.com/0_sippy-cup-dos-and-donts_1439508.bc 

• Options

It took Soph FOREVER to drink out of a sippy. She definitely didn't/wouldn't drink out of one until after she hit 12 months.

We tried TONS of different types of sippy cups before figuring out one that she would actually drink out of. She would only drink out of the kind with the straw, we got them at Wal-Mart. She's still kind of picky and sometimes won't take a regular sippy, it's gotta have a straw. Have you tried different types of sippy cups yet? She may just be stubborn :)

High maintenance, I tell ya.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    I say go for it. Briley is not really into sippy cups either but I'm not to worried about it. She will decide she likes one from time to time but mostly she just chews on them.
  • Options
    I feel like your peso is the reason you are so stressed about K not doing stuff "on time". If pear juice- store bought it home made works I say go for it. If not no worries, she'll figure it out soon enough.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options

imageMrsBlayne:
    I say go for it. Briley is not really into sippy cups either but I'm not to worried about it. She will decide she likes one from time to time but mostly she just chews on them.

This...When we were at G's 6 month checkup the Dr said to try and start her on a sippy cup...I leave one with water around for her and I try and give it to her at least once a day..but she still just chews it lol....K is not behind at all... 

• Options

Both Jason and Britt LOVEDDDDDDDDDDD pear juice (and that was way back when you didn't make your own... haha) 

Try it - if she uses the sippy cup with the pear juice - it will become second nature for her to use it for other liquids

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"