Parenting after 35
Options

Popping in to say hi and update

Things are still so crazy, I get on a couple times a week to read but don't usually have time to post.

Vivianna still have her two swollen lymph nodes. The five days in children's hospital did not do much. She is having surgery on Thursday to remove them. All tests have come back negative so apparently it was some kind of infection that damaged them, the infection is gone but they still look bad.

Our big fight right now is over the spoon.  V wants to feed herself however nothing makes it to her mouth. If I try to help at all she swats my hand away and has a melt down. She is sooooooo independant it is not funny. I know she will only learn by doing but we have to get the food in there.

Re: Popping in to say hi and update

• Options

I'm sorry she has to have her lymph nodes removed but so glad they're benign.

And you're a step ahead of us re: the spoons. Despite M being older than V we have yet to start teaching him how to use a spoon. I mean, we let him have one occasionally and he waves it around, but we have yet to try to get him to feed himself with one. Embarrassed

• Options
    Aww, poor little one.  Thoughts and prayers your way for a quick recovery!  I have a very independent DD also, it can be very frustrating sometimes, but I think that trait will take them far in life :)   
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry that V needs surgery but am grateful that the lymph nodes are benign.  What a relief!  Please keep us updated after her surgery, OK?

As for spoons... Aaron also wants to feed himself now.  I let him with everything but yogurt, since it slides right off.  I got him plastic sporks to use with foods.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I'm so glad the test results were negative. I hope the surgery goes smoothly. The doctors and nurses are so good with the LOs making it as stress free as possible that I think that its harder on the parents than the LO.

About the spoon. I have had a lot of luck serving pretty thick oatmeal, sticky rice with corn or beans or another vegie chopped small with a very tiny bit of salad dressing (Litehouse Kefir Ranch) and also tiny pastas like corallini with marinara. She does really well with all of these. I also got her new "toddler' spoons and forks and ditched the smaller baby spoons. I give her fruit in larger slices that she can hold and takes bites rather than tiny pieces.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So sorry to hear that, but glad that it's nothing serious.

I hear you with the spoons. Fiona's grip becomes so strong when I try to take the spoon from her. She'll have none of mommy feeding her...much to my dislike because most of it gets all over her face and bib..not in her mouth!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"