Sara- Mom to Addison 1
Wendy - Mom to Gavin 1

Dex- Mom to Peyton 5, Quin 2, Everett 1

Sharon- Mom to Zachary 1

Amy- Mom to Kaden 3

TTC
Alison, Amy, Ashley, Jamie, Mandy, Mrs. NM, Siba, Tracy

Any news or updates?

When was your 1st Christmas (or holidays) with DH?  Do you remember what you got one another as gifts?

Re: PG-Mom-TTC check in

• Any news or updates?

Caroline no longer does tummy time.  As soon as I put her down, she flips herself over and then she laughs about it.  It's so funny that I can't get annoyed that she no longer stays on her tummy.  The girl will never crawl.  She still sleeps 12-13 hours at night, but I've been struggling a bit to get her down this past week.  I'm hoping it's just a phase.

When was your 1st Christmas (or holidays) with DH?  Do you remember what you got one another as gifts?

Our first Christmas togther was 2006 and we had only been together for almost 3 months at the time.  I got him Sirius radio and paid for the 1st year subscription.  He got me a pair of white and yellow gold earrings (that I still wear on occasion,) the complete 10 season series of Friends on DVD and the huge box of Godiva truffles. 

• Sam is doing great. He had a couple of weeks of "nothing new" but he's catching up big time now. He can now sit on hand and knees and rocks back & forth, so hopefully he'll be crawling before New Year. Also he's flipped belly to back 2 times today, so hopefully that means he will get the hang of it soon.

Solids are 50/50. He loves fruit, but the veggie/meat combo's....well, it depends on the flavor. Green beans BIG NO-NO, but today he ate 4.2oz of pumpkin-beef mash in under 20 minutes!!

QOTD - Our first Christmas together was in 2000. In Holland its not that common to get each other gifts for Christmas (we have Sinterklaas on Dec. 5th) so I don't think we got each other anything...He did give me golden earrings for my birthday in February 2001 though :-)

• Loading the player...
  • Well I have a whole bunch to report this week.  We'll start with Rowen.  I took him in for his 5 year check up on Friday and he is doing great.  He is in the 25th percentile for height and weight, which is a big jump for him.  He is usually in the 5th and 10th.  He is doing most things at a 6 yr old level and he is getting all of his 6 year old molars.  Such a big boy!

Phoebe got a terrible rash the other day.  I'm not sure what caused it but my husband had a rash on his face and her rash was in the shape of hands so it was something on my DH's hands.  She went to the Dr for her 4 month check up yesterday and the rash looks better but still isn't gone.  She is weighing in at 16 lbs 4 oz!  She is in the 90th percentile for weight and the 75th for height.  Its so weird how big she is compared to Rowen!  But she is doing really well.  She loves to roll over onto her belly all the time.  She really loves tummy time!  And she loves to play with toys.  She will roll across the floor to get to her toys.  She adores Rowen!  She lights up when she see's him and he will do anything to get her to laugh.  Its so funny watching them together.  She laughs so hard that it gets us laughing so hard that my belly ends up hurting.  The Dr thinks she has reflux because she does this weird chocking thing.  They aren't going to do anything about it though because it doesn't seem to bother her (she never cries) and she is gaining plenty of weight.  The just want me to try to keep her upright for 30 mins after she eats.

QOTD

My first Christmas with my DH was 8 years ago.  I got him a shirt and a bottle of Jack.  :)  He got me a beautiful necklace that I still wear today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any news or updates?

I had a Dr appt today- measuring right on track, she's head down and heartbeat is strong!  Its a little scary to see my name so close to the top- how am I 35/35 tomorrow!?!?  The Dr let me feel her head today when he was pushing on my pelvis area-- so cool!  She's low, which explains the increase in pressure I've been feeling lately.  I also have been having a LOT more BH, so I need to really pay attention to the timing of them. 

Our first Christmas was 2006, and we just did small gifts and went out to dinner since we hadn't been dating too long. 

• Reese is starting to master sitting unsupported.  Right now, she sits using her hands like a tripod, & it makes this mama very proud. :)  It's crazy to see her becoming independent.  We are still getting up around a dozen times a night to replace her pacifier, & I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to go cold turkey with it.  I don't know what else to do. I've tried to get her to suck her thumb, & it just doesn't happen. 

QOTD:  Our first Christmas together was 2005. We had only been dating for about a month & a half. I got him a gift certificate for a massage.  He got me a candle, a couple bottles of wine, & some specialty coffee.  It was perfect. 

• Karter is 9 months old today.  Wow.  She's learning so much these days.  I just did a 9 mos update in the blog.

QOTD:  Our first Christmas was 2002.  He got me a personalized hockey jersey that I had been eyeing.  I got him new bedding, still manish but much softer and nicer.  He is now a bed snob.

• News/Updates

I have DH convinced to cloth diaper. I never thought he would agree to it, but after talking about the money, it was pretty amazing. I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited.

My mom asked me if I had thought about childcare and I almost had a breakdown. I should get on that, I suppose. But it's REALLY hard without knowing if I'll be getting a new job next year, if it will be part time, all that.

It would have been junior year of college. He got me a sweater and scarf from Victorias Secret. I have absolutely no idea what I got him Embarrassed

married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats to Dana for joining the mom list - so exciting! Mel - woohoo for almost 35/35! And lots of baby dust to those TTC! Noah is doing great! He is 2 months old today and is growing like a weed! Already up over 5 lbs since birth! He's a great eater and is sleeping 7-8 hours at night. Thank goodness! Our 1st xmas was in 2003. I believe he got me a necklace and I can't remember what I got him.
  • Any news or updates? I'm still spotting on and off, more off than on since yesterday and very very light, but I'm not too concern anymore because I just got me latest Beta and the levels look really good. They are 2,544 at 19DPO and again over double what I thought they would to be.

When was your 1st Christmas (or holidays) with DH? Do you remember what you got one another as gifts? Our first Christmas was the morning he proposed to me for the first time. As a present we gave me a pearl and diamond journey pendant and I gave him a watch.

image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrs.N.H.:

I'm still spotting on and off, more off than on since yesterday and very very light, but I'm not too concern anymore because I just got me latest Beta and the levels look really good. They are 2,544 at 19DPO and again over double what I thought they would to be.

That's great news! I just posted below to see if you had heard anything. I had cramping and spotting the first 8 weeks and was shocked when we had a heartbeat at the first US.

Any news or updates? Not much to update. I still have a happy glow from our anatomy scan--relieved that everything looks good and pretty stoked about being Team Blue. I honestly would have been excited either way, but part of me wanted a boy just a little more. The belly is poking out more, but a lot of people at work still don't know since I haven't officially announced anything. Scrubs are awesome camo.

When was your 1st Christmas (or holidays) with DH? Do you remember what you got one another as gifts? I was 22. We had only been dating for 6 months, but I was already crazy about him. He gave me a  Baccarat pendant that he picked out in London. (It shattered two years ago when I dropped it, and I was grief stricken.) I don't remember what I got him, but it kind of sucked. I didn't want to look like I had tried too hard, and I ended up regretting it.  

• Updates: Just hanging out at 35/35! (Nat, my due date is the 18th.) Only 5 weeks to go if the carpal tunnel and heart burn don't kill me first. I have a dinner tommorrow with some girls I have not seen since H.S. And here I am all fat and pg. ugggg. I feel like I just want to hide in the house for the next 5 weeks.

QOTW: Our first Christmas together (2000) we spent apart. I was in London for school and he was back in KY at college. We did not exchange gifts that year as we were very newly dating. The second year he was in L.A. and I was still in college. I went to visit him and he had not planned anything for dinner. We ended up at Denny's in Newport Beach. I know we did presents that year, but I  can't remember what. I remember dinner at Denny's like it was yesterday though.

• Updates: Nothing new here, other than my slightly protruding belly :)

QOTW: Our first christmas together was in 2005. I got DH a watch and he got me my first coach purse (first of many)! We left for a vacation in FL that night...and I think DH basically decided then we would eventually live here!

Baby Dust to all those TTC!!!

• Gianna is getting so big...she know stands up and pulls herself up all the time and trys to walk around whatever she is holding onto..she never had an interest in walking before but now she wants to practice all the time.....

It is official, G hates baby food?!?!? She will not eat it anymore.....She never has really been that great at eating them even when she did eat them lol, but now she flatout refuses....so for dinner tonight I gave her a piece of cheese and she loved it and this morning DH gave her some pieces of his waffle and she ate that with no problem too...I am wondering if she is going to skip over baby food and go straight to regular food....

QOTW: DH and I had our first Christmas in 1997....I could not tell you at all what I bought it....probably a gold necklace if I had to guess lol...We have been together forever.... 

• Wow, better late than never, right?!

Any news or updates? Nia is 4 months old now. The full update is here including a funny video of her response to Santacon on the subway. She loves her little Christmas tree and I take her right up to it everyday and tell her it's her tree but surprisingly as she's very grabby right now, she never tries to touch it. We're taking the bus to DC next week where my family has now relocated to. It's going to be great as it's so much closer than Ohio where I'm originally from. I'm hope she does ok on the bus!

When was your 1st Christmas (or holidays) with DH?  Do you remember what you got one another as gifts? Our first Christmas was right after we met in 1999 in college. I got DH a panda Beanie Baby because he would always call himself a sad panda (a reference from South Park). I can't remember if he got me anything and he can't remember either! Since we usually don't do big Christmas gifts especially b/c his mother passed away suddenly on Christmas day so it's a very sad time for him.

• Late, late, late...

Monday is my first two week appointment.  Amazing.  I'm feeling more uncomfortable as each day passes.  All part of pregnancy, but, yikes!  Mady's crib is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and her dresser is ready to be moved into her room.  We need to touch up one wall and get a few more things and then her room will be close to done.  Yay!

QOTW:  Our first Christmas as a couple was in 2003 - I think.  I have NO idea what we got one another.  The first Christmas that we actually spent together (I hated that our families were from two different states) was in 2007,  Even still, I don't remember what we bought for one another.  I was just happy to FINALLY be able to spend an actual Christmas together. 

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"