Michigan Babies

When did you hear the heartbeat??

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

Went to my 1st OB visit today at 10w3d and the Dr. could not hear the heartbeat.  She said it was normal but then ordered an ultrasound for Wednesday!?

Did anyone else have this problem???

Re: When did you hear the heartbeat??

• My Doctors office wont even look until 12 weeks. Their are a lot of factors that could keep you from hearing it. You could possibly have a tilted uterus which would make it difficult to find. Don't worry yourself just yet. More than likely everything is okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • With #1, We had a hard time hearing it too.  Luckily the doctor was able to do the ultrasound right away to confirm everything was OK.  Sorry that you will have to stew about it until your ultrasound appointment.  I am sure everything is OK like the doctor said!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I had my first OB appt at 10 weeks also, and the doctor said she wasn't able to hear the heartbeat yet because the baby was still in what she called "the bony pelvic region," and she had to wait until the baby had risen higher a bit. Our next appt isn't until Jan. 4th, so we won't be hearing or seeing anything until then. Every doctor has their own way of doing things though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary my read shelf:
    Tawny's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) image
  • We heard the HB with the doppler at the doctors office about week 13 but I'm a tad chunky :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor didn't even try the doppler at my 10wk appt.  I had an internal u/s that showed the baby and hb.  I didn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler till 14wk, which was the first appt following the 10wk appt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"