Parenting after 35
Options

Great idea for crib entertainment!

I moved Simon's crib mobile when he was a few months old so he couldn't destroy it or get tangled up in it.  Well just last week I decided to try putting it in his crib again to see what he would do. I was sure Mr. Destructo would make short work of it since he's like a one-man wrecking crew, but amazingly, he isn't destroying it!  He loves it!  He just stands there pressing buttons to turn it on and off, and doesn't touch the spinning animals!  It's funny because the instructions say to take away the mobile when babies can sit up but they don't suggest returning it when babies reach a certain age.  Maybe one day he'll get bored and I'll find mobile pieces all over his room, but so far so good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Great idea for crib entertainment!

• Options
    besides the swing, the mobile was by far our best purchase. sabrina would spend sometime up to an HOUR laying in her crib watching it, laughing at it, squealing in delight!! i kept the music part on there which we listen to daily but i haven't had the mobile up for quite some time. i'm sure she'd love it if i put it back up but i dont think so.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Caroline has always loved her mobile. I used to call it "the babysitter" because it entertained her so well. We have it attached to the crib rail that came with her bed and is standing on its end, zip-tied to the bed. That way it is up high, still out of her reach. I still turn it on now and then and while it doesn't quite have the same effect that it used to, it can distract her when she is fighting sleep sometimes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would keep an eye on Simon when you have that mobile up in his crib, and take the mobile down for the night just in case. Those cute little boys are unpredictable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"