Pittsburgh Babies

preterm labor @ 31 weeks

I am currently 31 weeks. Last Thursday I was having belly pain and pressure. when i called my doctor they told me to take a tylenol and rest. Friday morning when I got up the pain was into my lower back. By 8 AM i was at work and starting to have contractions. They had to give me two shots of Medication to stop the contractions and now i am on medicine every 6 hours to keep the pressure and pain away. Is anyone else going through this? They are trying to hold me off till week 37 but they said that my water may only hold up for another 2 weeks...just curious how many people are actually going through this and what you've done to help ease some of your discomfort.

Re: preterm labor @ 31 weeks

• try to repost this on the regular pittsburgh nest board, i know we've had a few nesties give birth preterm around 30 weeks...if you can i'd try to lay and rest around the house or whereever,...you could just be overdoing everything. here is a link for the reg nest board.

https://tinyurl.com/2cvh6e9

Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went into preterm labor at 27 weeks. I was fingertip dilated and didn't qualify for emergency cerclage. I was on strict bed rest and tocolysis (procardio with two trips to L&D for turbutaline injections) for ten weeks. My water broke 48 hours after I went off my medication. Delivered a healthy baby boy.

I know it is hard and scary but it can be done. Every pregnancy is different so don't let anyone tell you what may or may not happen. Trust your body, take it easy and try to relax (so hard, I know)

Best of luck and wishes for a healthy baby! You can do it Mama!

• Loading the player...
  • well here i am at almost 38 weeks and i going in for my testing for preeclampsia. im hoping they just induce me today. i held out 7 weeks after the preterm labor they could be nice and just let my daughter be here with me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"