Parenting after 35
Options

I think Sienna is a vegetarian

She LOVES vegetables & pasta. If I give her chicken she chews it for a second & shovels it out of her mouth. I've tried processing it a bit, still doesn't like. Sometimes I am lucky to get her to eat a meatball before she realizes & stops. I think its the texture. What to do?

On the other hand I am a horrible veggie eater & glad she doesn't copy that. Amazes me, brussel sproats, cauliflower, broccoli, everything I hate. Blah! She loves it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think Sienna is a vegetarian

• Options
    I would try again in a few days.
  • Options
    One day callie likes something the next day she does not, just keep trying!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ellie was always less interested in meats than in veggies and fruit but eventually I found things she liked. I think all kids are least fond of meats; maybe it's the texture as you say.  But I would bet if you keep trying different things she might eventually come to like it.
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    L is a lot younger, but he is the exact opposite- snarfs meat like there is no tomorrow and spits most veggies out. Good luck and let us know if you find out something that works to get her eating more variety!
  • Options
    Matt will be finicky about chicken as well.  I cut up the chicken in small pieces and coat it in guacamole and feed it to Matt. He loves guacamole and does notice the chicken.  I also do this with salsa and hummus.
  • Options

I agree that it's the texture. I still get the heebie jeebies if I don't cut my meat up super smallEmbarrassed

Maybe shred some chicken or something and piggyback it on a veg that she likes.

• Options

imageiluvtom:
    One day callie likes something the next day she does not, just keep trying!

This is our experience as well right now, and Ellie used to be quite the carnivore - could eat most of a boneless chx thigh in one sitting!

• Options
    Caroline is the same way. All she really wants to eat is peas and American cheese.
  • Options
    Your so lucky with the vegie's.  I would love it if H would eat them, lucky to get corn in him.  He's like his dad, anything green and crunchy he's not going to eat.  I just keep trying, it's all we can do!
  • Options

My oldest turned out to be pretty much a vegetarian.  He would never eat beef, but he would eat chicken and fish.  We determined that it was the texture of the beef that was the problem.  When I asked his doctor, he said to just make sure to give him more protein supplements (at the time, peanut butter, beans, lentils, etc).  You could always make her vegetarian dishes.

FWIW, he now will eat beef if he has to.  He still prefers chicken.

• Options
    Margaux is a total carnivore.  She spits out the veggies.  She doesn't even like potato or rice, unless it's soaking in meat juice.  I guess all you can do is keep trying!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"