Health & Exercise
Options

Hip Explosion!

Any of you have your hips/legs/butt get bigger in pregnancy? Is it worth trying to do some damage control in weeks 28 on or just let it be? Did any of the above go down post birth and if so or not, how did you feel about your body once the belly was deflating as hips, butt and legs stayed bigger? Just trying to mentally cope with all the below the waist changes in third tri! Thanks for reading and any input!

Re: Hip Explosion!

• Options
    During your third tri your hips naturally loosen to make room for baby to come out. They sell hip bands you can wear after baby is born to get your hips back into place. I don't know if they work or not but it's a nice concept. 
  • Options
    Make sure you keep active... thats the best way to keep your hips in check... try and at least walk daily... then after baby... i have found that just good old fashioned walking and jogging shrunk my hips right back... My hips spread a ton with DD... it took several months to get back... but by her 1st birthday my hips were actually smaller than they were pre-pregnancy... My weight was the same, but i had to buy all new jeans because my hips were actually smaller.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just tried on my pp jeans today and they fit over my legs but don't stand a chance of zipping over my hips right now. Not sure if they will go back to normal or not...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"