North Dakota Babies
Options

Do I/We Need These?

1.  Mobile

2.  Crib Bumper (If so, I know it should be breathable)

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Do I/We Need These?

• Options

We never had a mobile.  A bumper came with the bedding set and I had it on there at first just for looks.  I later took it off, then put it back on to help keep the padifier in her crib.  It hasn't been back on her crib in months though. 

Bottom line, I don't see either of these as a necessity, just preference.

• Options
    we don't have a mobile, but I did get a breathable bumper
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We had a mobile, but I don't think Gavin was ever very entertained by it.  I think it came with our bedding set though.  

Also, we had the bumper that came with the bedding set.  It is not breathable and I only took it off the crib for a few minutes when he started rolling over....that's how long it took for him to get his chunky little leg caught between the crib slats and start screaming.  I know all the stuff they say about the danger of bumpers, but Gavin likes to sleep up next to it.   

• Options

imagechickymel:
    we don't have a mobile, but I did get a breathable bumper

ditto! 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    We do not have a mobile. I have a breathable bumper and we never put it on. I took the regular bumper (that came with her bedding) off when she first started trying to roll and put it back on when she rolled well both ways. When she started pulling up she would fall over and I was glad the bumper was there to prevent her from hitting her head. She sleeps with her back up against it.
  • Options
    K enjoyed the fisher price soother over the mobile (he had the rainforest one back in the day).  We had a breathable bumper at first and a regular bumper for later on.
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Options
    We don't have a mobile.  We used a breathable bumper for the first 7 months, and just last week, put the padded bumper on.  K was pulling up on the crib and would fall and hit his head.  The padded bumper helps with that a bit. 
  • Options

Nope!

The bumper we have is a waste.....she still manages to get her arms & legs through the slats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"