Parenting after 35
Options

If you have 3 kids, come in!

Hi ladies.  If you have 3 or are going to have 3, what are your bedroom arrangements?  We have a 3 bedroom possible 4 bedroom house.  We have an office in the basement, but it isn't really a bedroom because it doesn't have a closet.  The entire basement is finished and there is a bathroom with a shower down there.  So, when we have baby #3, we are planning on putting the boys together and the baby will have his/her own room.  Do you feel guilty for making the kids share?  When would you be ok having a child in a bedroom in the basement when all the other bedrooms are upstairs?  Thanks!

Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!

Re: If you have 3 kids, come in!

• Options

Hi. We have a three bedroom cape.  1 bedroom is on the 1st floor - where we sleep.  Two boys share a room & absolutely love it!  & the youngest has his own room right now.  We will probably switch it up & give the oldest his own room when he is ready (when he asks).  I actually feel guilty the baby sleeps alone.  He get's so sad when we are reading books in the boys room & then I put him in his crib in his room all alone.  I would love to put them all in the same room ; )  They really love sharing!

Sorry should add the other two bedrooms are upstairs. I would not want any of my kids on a floor by themselves - unless is was a loft up higher than us.  There is not anything upstairs & they only want to come down to bug us anyway ; ) I would not put one of my kids on the first floor either like we are by themselves.

Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    I wouldn't put them in the basement's bedroom until they are teenagers. At our previous place my oldest had that bedroom but she was 18 or older at the time and only came home during college breaks. Recently we moved to a 5bdr house and she now has her own living room+bedroon+bathroom on the 3d floor. But she will be 21 next month and at this age you really want them to be separate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we have a 3-br house. the twins share a room, DS1 has his own and we have ours.

i woudl not feel comfortable at all having one of my kids in a basement room - not until they were MUCH older - like a LOT older... if at all.

nothing wrong with sharing a room. I shared a room with my sister who is 5yrs older than me, for most of our childhood (then our parents built and addition and we got our own rooms).

• Options

Right now we have a 3bedroom 2.5bath townhouse. It is cramped. The 17 year old and 5 year old boys share a room. The 15 year old and 17month old girls share a room. At first, everyone was bothered by this even if it is a temporary situation. Now, I think everyone is pretty happy with it. Especially since it forces the teens outta their bedrooms so they HAVE to socialize! hehehehe.

I shared a bedroom with my sister for most of childhood. We liked it as kids, not so much as older teens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"