Parenting after 35
Options

Belated FFFC

Is it me or is this a really big *** thing to say to me...?

James:"I want to drive your red car today."

Me: "Ok. Does the white car have gas?"

James: "No."

Me:"Then I'm driving the red car."

James"Are you incapable of pumping gas or something?"

Me: blank face. blink.blink.

It is freezing out. I can't go out in the cold for any length of time without coughing up a lung. The inhalers do not help. I have to work for 13 hours today. He has to work for three hours. Why can't he just take the white car, fill it up, drive it to work, and if he still wants to borrow the red car after work, he can switch off while I am working. Am I being unreasonable?

My belated FFFC is that I simply cannot stand him anymore and I resent the extra work he causes me.

ETA: I think we're splitting up. I just told him this morning I want him to think about how we are going to split up and that not everything needs to be a fight. Btw, both cars are mine and I will be keeping them both. I do not feel badly about it either, I paid for them.

I don't want to split up, I just want him to be a good partner/father/role model. I'm tired of suggesting counseling.

Re: Belated FFFC

• Options

I think you should give him gas cards for xmas.

just an idea, maybe he would get one then......(sorry if too snarky, it's early)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh honey - no flames, just sympathy and hugs!! I would totally resent being made to feel like a maid and caretaker to a grown man. DH sometimes slips down that path and I have to remind him that I work FT (I am the breadwinner) and I am not his mother. If he wants a mother, he knows where his lives.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecarladillon:
    Oh honey - no flames, just sympathy and hugs!! I would totally resent being made to feel like a maid and caretaker to a grown man. DH sometimes slips down that path and I have to remind him that I work FT (I am the breadwinner) and I am not his mother. If he wants a mother, he knows where his lives.

Ditto, I was just complaining about this yesterday. Orchid, maybe you can smack him upside the head and make him take the bus!

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    imageNewMrs07:

imagecarladillon:

Ditto, I was just complaining about this yesterday. Orchid, maybe you can smack him upside the head and make him take the bus!

This.  Your same conversation has taken place in my house.  My DH can be a total A$$ sometimes. It did get way better several years ago when I pointed out that the only reason I needed him here was to take out the trash and I had learned to take out the trash.

Hope it gets better real soon.  It does suck being sick, having to work FT and take care of a bunch of people!!!!

• Options
    Sad I'm so sorry you're still dealing with this crap, Kandie.
  • Options

Oh, man.  Sorry, Kandie, he sounds like he's being a total jerkwad.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Sorry you have to go through all this...
  • Options
    What is wrong with men sometimes???
  • Options
    Maybe a short separation (or even you spending the night at a friend's house) would scare him into agreeing to counselling?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"