3rd Trimester
Options

Light pink spotting at 35 weeks?

I'm not the alarmist type, but I saw pink on the TP when I wiped.

I've never had this with others so I'm a little bothered... :-( 

No cramps, no contractions... baby has been moving.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Light pink spotting at 35 weeks?

• Options
    My doc told me spotting can mean that the cervix is opening and to get to L&D Triage immediately.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

I think I'm going to check on the next pee trip and then call him.  That shouldn't be long with the way my bladder is.  :-( 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    All was clear that trip... maybe it's a fluke but I'll be watching.  I also drank a glass of milk to get her active since of course when I typed this she slowed down, and she's dancing again. 
  • Options

As pp said if it wasn't sex or Dr's exam related, then your cervix is probably starting to dilate. Good luck and keep us posted Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My doctor told me not to worry about spotting this far along.

If it is accompanied by signs of labor, come in.

A gush of blood, come in.

Leaking fluid, come in. 

I was pretty confused/concerned when I had spotting a few days ago. I would just put a pad on, wait an hour or so, and re-evaluate. 

GL

• Options

No sex... (I wish... ugh it's so difficult these days, it's pretty few and far between lately), no exam.  It was very very light pink. 

I just checked again and it was not there.  

I will be keeping an eye on it. Thanks all... 

• Options

Sorry dude. Even though it's happened a few times during this pregnancy and has been nothing it's still scary to me.

The last time I had spotting my OB told me it could be anything from coughing, sneezing, straining while vomiting or eliminating your bowels busting a blood vessel in the cervix. Or a small lac on the outside from shaving, a pimple, ingrown hair breaking out or any number of tiny injuries in the grown area that close up and heal quickly.

Crossing my fingers that it's nothing and you don't have anymore tonight.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my doc said to expect light pinkish "stuff" after 36 weeks and ur almost there so i wouldn't worry.

maybe your MP is starting to come out? 

by Lilypie
  • Options

Well, no more spotting.  And it's borderline to even call it spotting since it was just pink and not red. 

But it did make me a little nervous.  No pain at all except the standard headbutts to my cervix, and normal soreness.  No contractions...

So I guess I'll chalk this up to a fluke.  I didn't notice any mucus yet, but I will see the OB Tuesday I think and he'll check me then.   Maybe she's starting to pry my cervix open for the great escape!

Thanks all... 

• Options

I just had this last week at 32 weeks.  I put a pad on and watched it, but it ended up just being a tiny bit that one time.

I chalked it up to my cervix being irritated by sex a couple days prior or the swift kicks the baby was giving it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"