Health & Exercise
Options

Last 10 pounds won't come off!

I have never written on this board before, and am pretty new on the bump but would LOVE advice on how to lose my last 10 pounds.  My youngest is now 15 months and I should be back to my prepregnancy weight!  I have been struggling with this last bit for months and nothing seems to help.
I have been running about 3.5 miles a couple of times a week, go to classes at the Y, and try to eat well and that all helped with the rest of the weight.  I have even done mini Jacki Warner sets at home during nap times, but since the weight has stopped coming off I have been giving up.
If you have any ideas, please help!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Last 10 pounds won't come off!

• Options
    DS is 2.5 years and I am still struggling with 10 pounds. Recently I made huge changes to my diet and that has made a difference.  I eat Kashi Go lean cereal for breakfast, and veggies/hard boil egg for lunch, and cut the portions of what I eat for dinner.  I am also doing Jillian Micheals dvds and I seem to get better results than when I was running..just because I am toning muscles more than I was before.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I helped out at a personal training center while in college. I heard this question a lot from all sorts of people trying to loose the final 10. Weather they were on sports teams, trying to become a model or doing it for personal health reasons the answer was always the same. 

You body has gotten use to your current work out schedule and diet. To loose that last 10 you need to step it up and "shock" your system into fat burning mode again.

Also, remember lifting weights is your friend. It helps you burn more calories through out your entire day, not just while running. 

:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"