Cleveland Babies
Options

MOPS or another Mom's Group

Anyone in a MOPS group on the East side? 

I live in Shaker. There isn't one listed on their website, and when I emailed, the lady wouldn't tell me other local groups, just that there wasn't one in Shaker. I'm within 15 minutes of Mayfield Heights, Pepper Pike, Beachwood, etc. I don't need it to be IN Shaker.

I'm desperate to get out and have time with other people.

Any experience with MOPS - or any other mom's group? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MOPS or another Mom's Group

• Options

What is MOPS? 

I am in South Euclid and several of my friends were involved in playgroups through Gesu - not sure if you are even Catholic but if you belong to a church, maybe check there for playgroups.

I work FT so unfortunately cant participate during the week, but would be interested in something that meets on weekends.  Or what about checking with the area libraries?? 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yeah what is MOPS??? I'm thinking of looking for play groups for the twins b/c right now they do not attend daycare we are lucky enough to have a babysitter come to our house so they do not interact w/ other babies.  I'm from the west side of Cleveland.  I haven't found anything.  I know there are Mother of Twins groups, but I don't see any play groups w/ them. 

I too work FT & need something on the weekends.  I'm sorry this post didn't help you but I was looking for something similar..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you tried meetup.com?  There are some groups on there.  I live in the  heights area too.  I did not ever do anything with the eastside group but have attended some events through another meetup group with girls from chardon, willoughby, etc and it's a good way to meet people. 

• Options
    MOPS is technically Moms of Preschoolers - but it's for any age kid. Basically the moms get together and there's a place for the kids, nursery, etc. Google it - it sounds great, and my friend is involved one on the West Side (Rocky River, I think) and loves it. Just don't want to drive that far. 
  • Options
    I'm in Shaker too. I'm also new to the area, so don't have many friends nearby (I haven't been working since we moved here). Let me know if you find a group. I'm very interested. I know that the Chagrin Highlands campus of UH has a mommy group on Tuesdays at 11:30, but the timing hasn't worked well for us and we haven't been yet.
  • Options

There is a new mom's discussion group at the Cleveland Clinic Beechwood family health center. It is Thursday's from 11:30-1, it is free it is located in Meeting Rooms A & B, First Floor, North Building, Behind the Pharmacy. Bring your baby, blanket and toys for more information, call 440.312.4647.

I haven't had a chance to go to it yet but it was recommended by my OBGYN. 

Also try www.momslikeme.com/cleveland

Good luck!

• Options
    sorry its cleveland.momslikeme.com
  • Options
    St. Dominic has a young families group in the works.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"