Illinois Babies
Options

Chicago Midwife?

I wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation for a midwife that will deliver at Prentice?  I work downtown and I was thinking about the Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group's Midwives.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chicago Midwife?

• Options

I truly loved the Midwives with NMPG.  They delivered DS a little over a year ago, and I was able to have the unmedicated birth I planned for.  But certainly, if you want or decide for an epidural they will support that too.  They want you to have the birth that you want to have, and there's no pressure to go one way or another.  I also had a water birth with my son. 

Just a heads up, if you want to labor in the birthing tub or have a water birth you need to discuss it with your dr/midwife prior.  Not all of the dr groups allow water births.  Also, you then need to request the birthing tub when you go into labor and check into triage b/c there are only a few rooms in L&D at Prentice that accomodate the birthing tub. 

Feel free to ask me any questions about NMPG midwives.  I also know of an absolutely AMAZING midwife group through West Suburban in Oak Park, but looks like you are wanting to stay at Prentice.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageCTJourney:

I truly loved the Midwives with NMPG.  They delivered DS a little over a year ago, and I was able to have the unmedicated birth I planned for.  But certainly, if you want or decide for an epidural they will support that too.  They want you to have the birth that you want to have, and there's no pressure to go one way or another.  I also had a water birth with my son. 

Just a heads up, if you want to labor in the birthing tub or have a water birth you need to discuss it with your dr/midwife prior.  Not all of the dr groups allow water births.  Also, you then need to request the birthing tub when you go into labor and check into triage b/c there are only a few rooms in L&D at Prentice that accomodate the birthing tub. 

Feel free to ask me any questions about NMPG midwives.  I also know of an absolutely AMAZING midwife group through West Suburban in Oak Park, but looks like you are wanting to stay at Prentice.  

Thank you so much for the advice.  I just made an appointment with them for January.  I'm seeing Amy Willetts, did you ever see her? Did you like her?  Also, will I end up meeting all the midwives or just with the one I had my first appointment with?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see you already made an appointment, but if you are interested in Homebirth. Genesis Family Midwifery. Christina Oser, CNM is who I will be using in Warrenville. Best Wishes to you!
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestions.  It seems that I had a Chemical Pregnancy, my period just started today.  I'm really sad but happy to know that we can get pregnant and hoping that the next cycle we have better luck!
  • Options
    I answered you on the Natural Birth board, but just saw your post and wanted to say I am so very sorry for your loss.  :(
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Breanne, I am so, so sorry for your loss. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. When you are ready, I couldn't recommend the midwives at NMPG enough. They have been wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"