Indiana Babies
Options

m/s help

I didn't have it at all with Andrew, and I've just had a touch this far. Before as long as I kept eating every 2 hours I was okay.  I just didnt' let myself get hungry.

But this week I feel so sick all the time.  It might be fatigue or something I dunno.

Has anyone had m/s get worse around 12 weeks?

What helped your m/s? Anything? What kind of foods?

TIA

Re: m/s help

• Options

With both babies mine peaked around 11-12 weeks and then rapidly got better and was gone at 14-15 weeks -- fingers crossed that this happens for you as well!  The only thing that helped me was eating or sucking on sour candy.  I took B6 with Maya too and I don't know if it really helped or just made me think it was helping.

Feel better!

• Options

I had it for 22 weeks straight. Talk about misearble. I lost 30lbs (though I gained it back...later. Joy).

What helped me was to keep a box of dry cereal near my bed (I liked Crispix best) and eat some when I woke up, before getting up, then wait 15-20 minutes. That worked for when I first woke up.

During the day....about the only think I could stomach was lemons, sips of water or room temp coke, and the occassional taco (yea...I know).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine lasted longer forever but I dont think it got worse at 12 weeks...however it definitely got worse when I was tired.  I was always better at the beginning of the week and a total mess by Friday afternoon.  Hopefully if you can get some rest, it will be better. 

until then, unless you want to call for zofran or something (might not be a bad idea to get through this week), i'd suggest sucking on something or eating anything at all that you think you can keep down, no matter the how (un)healthy.  Carbs were always better for me than anything else. 

• Options
    My dr told me to get Bnatals. They are like little jolly ranchers with tons of B6. I got them at the CVS pharmacy (don't need a script but they keep them behind the counter). I also saw them at BRU last time I was there. They have sour apple candies or cherry suckers. They helped me go from puking 20x a day to about 6x. I eventually got 2 scripts for meds but the Bnatals definitely helped! And lemonade was about all I could drink.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ditto what Shauna said about it peaking and then getting better or going away altogether.  Eat lots of protein.  Almonds or trail mix always did the trick for me.  As long as I kept my protein up then I felt much better.  IF you have it in the am, then eating something before getting out of bed helps.  I always kept a banana on my night stand and ate it before getting up.  Anything with ginger helps.  My friend got me some ginger candy from Trader Joes called gin gins and they helped out alot too.  Hang in there hopefully the ms is on it's way out for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options

Jolly Rancher suckers helped me for a bit, and taking me prenatal right before I went to bed has seemed to help a bit too.

Although it has definitely felt like it got worse around 11-12 weeks, and I pretty much feel sick all day. I'm hoping I'll be done in a week or so more. I have my appetite back, just feel constantly sick.

• Options
    thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"