Northern California Babies
Options

car seat advice needed (looking for and selling)

We are looking for a convertible car seat for Alana for my mom's car.  She will only be in it approx once/ week (and not far... just about 3 miles to music class and back), so it doesn't make sense to buy a fancy one.  Of course, we want a safe one, but I *think* in this case a used one would make sense.  I am just tentative... how do you know a used one is safe?

We are also wanting to get rid of her infant car seat, and although we never had an accident, do people really buy used from people they don't know or trust?  I would give it away for free... I just don't want to throw it away.

Any advice on how to go about looking for one and passing our on to someone?  Anyone interested?

Re: car seat advice needed (looking for and selling)

• Options

You can get the Cosco Scenera convertible carseats for cheap new - like under $50 and sometimes deals for $35 (which is what we paid for ours, the sales are pretty common). We got one for my SIL's car when she was watching DD and it's perfectly safe (all carseats have to meet safety standards) and I personally liked the carseat a lot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ditto MrsK&C- the Cosco Scenera is the 3rd highest rated by Consumer Reports, its 50 or less, and it works fine.  We got this because we needed a carseat quickly last summer when I flew to WI planning on borrowing one and was scared to put my kids into the borrowed one.  Now its the one that sits in my mom's car and the one we use if we fly anywhere. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Cosco Scenera is the way to go on a seat for Grandma.  We have one and really like it.

As for the infant seat, we just gave ours to my BFF who is having a baby.  It will get used and is from someone she knows and trusts and I didn't have to throw it away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"