Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Tell me about Gripe Water....we need fart relief!

Bennett has a consistently gassy butt - I am BFing and have laid off all the common gassy foods, switched to decaf,etc.  I honestly can't think of anything that I'm eating that could be causing such discomfort. 

We use Mylicon at times to make sure he gets all his burps out, but he still has the most farts!  It's definitely making him uncomfortable and fussy and we need some relief.

Does Gripe Water help ease lower intenstinal gas?  Any other recs?  Bicycle legs only go so far!

Thanks, Jen

Carson - 2, Bennett - 1 month

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me about Gripe Water....we need fart relief!

• Options
    It really helps Oliver's gassy issues

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Mylicon did nothing for DD but Gripe Water saved us! I don't know how we would get along without it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can anyone give tips for administering it?  We've tried it once or twice but DS HATES it.  We exclusively breastfeed, so can't hide it in any bottles.  How can we get him to swallow it rather than spit it in our faces?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I breast fed for the first 3 weeks and my LO was soooo gassy. I tried the Mylicon and noticed no change. I ended up calling the hospital because she was so uncomfortable and that's when they told me that Mylicon is all organic and has no "medicine" actually in it so it usually doesn't work with most babies. After a short while I had to have a surgery and was no longer able to breast feed due to the medication and that's when I discovered Gripe Water. She doesn't seem like the taste of it, but it DEFINITELY helped us out. Good luck!
  • Options

We use it whenever LO has gassy bubbles that just wont come out.

We have a little soother type thing that you put the gripe water in and he sucks it out, and our LO seems to really like it.

• Options

Here's a link to the pacifier-type med dispenser:

https://www.colicshop.com/numimed-dispenser.shtml

I don't know what type of dispenser Gripe Water comes with, but we have a little syringe type of thing from CVS pharmacy that I got with DS's Zantac. I squirt it into his cheek in small doses (two or three times depending on how well he is taking it) and wait for him to swallow it before I do the next squirt. It works well that way. 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"