Parenting after 35
Options

6 month stats!

I can't believe Charlie is 6 months old! His height is 27.75 inches (89%), weight 18 lbs (72%) and head 44.50 cm (71%)  he had is shots and just cried for a moment, thank goodness.  I was also surprised that they were able to give him a flu shot and he needs to go back in a month for another one.

He has been eating cereal for 2 months (with mixed results) and the doc thinks he is ready to start adding some fruits and veggies.  He has his 2 bottom teeth in, and his gums are sore and puffy so we expect more soon.

All and all the appt. went well!  He still has eczema and the doc advised us to moisturize twice a day and use cortisone cream occasioanlly on the bad spots.

Charlie also went in the snow for the first time!  See below:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 month stats!

• Options

O.M.G. - LOVE the pictures! Especially the snow angel one!

Fruits and veggies are fun! Have a blast!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yippeee!  Love the snow angel picture!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gah, he's the cutest lil snow angel!!!!!!!!!!
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First, Charlie is the most adorable snow angel EVER!

Second, an eczema related tip I got last year (from Mama Bear, I think) was to put vaseline on DD when she was still wet from her bath. We used vaseline at night before pjs (still wet on bath nights) and lotion in the mornings and it definitely helped a lot.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

Awww!  Great appointment!  Nice growing, Charlie!

And I love the snow pics. :)

Aaron has super dry skin (pedi said not eczema) and I have to moisturize too. But he won't really let me. LOL.  Strangely it seems better now that it's colder. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

Sounds like he is doing great! Gracie had eczema for two weeks. I actually took her in because she was covered in it. They suggested cetaphil cream and to change her bath soap. We now use Aveeno. The cream did wonders and it was over the counter. She has not had any eczema since.

• Options
    Yay Charlie!!! He's such a Q-T-Pie!!!... Is that a Chicago Bears sweatshirt that someone is wearing in your picture? If it is... GO BEARS!
  • Options

Thanks all! Yep, hubby is a die-hard Bears fan!!

• Options
    He's doing so well!  I love the snow pics, his cheeks knock me silly!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Wow, You grow 'em big!!! Congrats on the great appointment.

I love that first picture and his... " you CANNOT be serious" expression.

• Options
    To add to the suggestions with the eczema, my LO sleeps in Halo Technical Comfort clothing most nights, which is designed to reduce itching and irritation caused by eczema.  I love how soft and breathable the fabric is, and that it helps regulate his body temp.  Highly recommend it!  I've only seen it sold online, at www.halocomforts.com or other retailers. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"