Detroit Babies

How to find a Mother's Helper?

Where would I look to locate someone to help me with my babies once they arrive?

I think I would be looking for a few hours a day (maybe evening hours) to watch, feed, hold the babies so I could get some sleep. 

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to find a Mother's Helper?

• At my Gymboree in Rochester I used to see advertisements from this service:  Seeking Sitters

I've never personally used them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• I've never looked either, but my 12 year old niece is going to take babysitting classes before next summer and be my mother's helper next summer.  I'll def need it considering my son will be 1 1/2 by then, and my daughter will be only a few months.

Good luck finding one!

• Loading the player...
  • My doula does this. She comes to my house once a week and she would gladly help other families. She'll cook, pick up the house, do laundry, feed/watch babies or whatever you need her to do. She used to come at night when my twins were getting up a bunch of times, but now they're better at sleeping so she comes during the day. Here's her info: https://doulamatch.net/profile/555/karleen-warren

She's awesome. She got my preemie DS1 to eat when no one including me could get him to feed properly. I call her the baby whisperer.

ETA: I see you're also having twins! Yay!! I'm not the first set of twins Karleen has watched so she has good experience in this area. And she's used to feeding colicky/reflux babies (but hopefully you won't have to deal with that). Unless your twins are awesome feeders (and I hope they are) then you won't want to hire anyone without experience in this area. It's HARD to feed twins. And if they have issues like reflux then you might be like me and trust virtually no one to feed them correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"