Birth Stories

Lucas Birth Story

I went to my 39 week appt on Tuesday the 23rd.  I had progressed to 3cm and 70% effaced.   My dr. kept saying that I wasn?t going to make it to my due date on the 27th. He did a quick sweeping of my membranes and sent me on my way. 

I had some contractions throughout the night but nothing consistent.  The next day I went shopping, so Icould get some items to make baked goods for thanksgiving.   I made lots of food, got my son down for a nap and just relaxed a bit. I was starting to get some contractions around 4:30pm, they were any where from 20 minutes to 5 minutes apart. So nothing for me to have my husband to come home for.   At around 5:30 They were 5-7minutes apart, but it didn?t feel like active labor to me.  Dh got home at 6 and they started to get a bit more intense.  Since no one in the family was around to come get DS, we thought we would start heading to the hospital just in case.  Of course we had to hit traffic on our 45 minute drive. My mom met us there to get ds.  We got checked in the hospital at 7:20.  They checked me and I was  5cm and 100%.  Looks like this was happening tonight.  By the time we got there my contractions were 1-2 minutes apart and were intense.  Got an iv started so I could be prepared to get an epidural.  I kept saying I had a lot of pressure; I was checked again and was at an 8.  The nurses informed me with how fast I was going, I wasn?t able to get an epidural.  Before I knew it I was a 10. Not sure how many pushes it took to get him out since it was all so fast. But Lucas was born at 8:42pm.  8lbs 3oz. 21 inches long.  So my 2 ? - 3 hour labor with no pain meds wasn?t anything like I thought it was going to be, but looking back I wouldn?t change it for the world. 

We are doing great. Recovery is much easier this time around.

Big Brother Love

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: Lucas Birth Story

• Aw, that's fantastic. Congratulations! You have two little cuties there. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Aw they are adorable! God Bless!

Me-Diagnosed With PCOS - Hubby-Has Super Swimmers :)
    TTC#1 Since March 2011
    March/April 2011 - 150mg Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    May 2011 & June 2011 - 150mg Clomid = No Response
    July 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#1(8/1/11)= BFN
    August 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#2 (8/30/11)=BFN
    September 2011 - BREAK NEEDED DUE TO ENLARGED OVARIES :(
    October 2011 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI#3 (10/23/11) = BFP!!
    Beta#1(11/7/11)=250 Beta#2(11/9/11)=487 Beta#3(11/17/11)=6500

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"