TTC After a Loss
Options

IUI and using the restroom

Warning: posted by an emotional women who has been injecting hormones into her body for the last week! 

I had my IUI at exactly 8:50am and have had to pee since I got into the exam room at 8:15am. I know it is stupid, but I really don't want to pee because I want to give the sperm the best chance at making it to my eggs. So I have been holding my urine for a little over 2 hours now and won't be able to hold it much longer. The logical side of my brain knows I should just go (and understands how bad it is to hold urine), but the irrational emotional side feels like I need to hold out.

June 2010-Lap
b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
Homestudy 7/19/2011
IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: IUI and using the restroom

• Options

I am confused - how will holding your urine help?  I am pretty sure that they are not going to fall back out at this point!!  Also, wouldn't they let you go before the procedure?  I was allowed to do that when I had my IUI's. 

I really think you are safe to go at this point.  You don't want to end up with a UTI!!  Good luck!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecutebride73:

I am confused - how will holding your urine help?  I am pretty sure that they are not going to fall back out at this point!!  Also, wouldn't they let you go before the procedure?  I was allowed to do that when I had my IUI's. 

I really think you are safe to go at this point.  You don't want to end up with a UTI!!  Good luck!! 

I know!!I know!! I told you I was being crazy! I am about to go. I didn't go before the IUI because I was so busy talking to another girl in the waiting room I didn't realize I needed to go until I was already undressed and waiting in the exam room. 

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks

Homestudy 7/19/2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go. You can't pee out the sperm, I promise. You can't jinx it at this point. Get some relief.
  • Options
    imageinlovewithB:
    imagecutebride73:

I know!!I know!! I told you I was being crazy! I am about to go. I didn't go before the IUI because I was so busy talking to another girl in the waiting room I didn't realize I needed to go until I was already undressed and waiting in the exam room. 

I don't blame you one bit!!!  This makes us all crazy!!!  I really hope this is the cycle for you!!!     

• Options

imagemillejj1:
    Go. You can't pee out the sperm, I promise. You can't jinx it at this point. Get some relief.

I did. Feel so much better physically. Just wish I wasn't so nervous! 

June 2010-Lap

Homestudy 7/19/2011

• Options
    Once they remove the injection cath, the cervix closes....the sperm isn't going to fall out. Promise Smile

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Silly girl.  I could understand if you wanted to wait 15 min, but 2 hours! Go girl go!  LoL those swimmers are deposited at the top of your uterus closest to the fallopian tubes as possible.  GL!
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I totally GET what you are saying, and have experienced it myself - but - after IUI, peeing will NOT make the sperm fall out - they are WAY in there, and your urinary tract has NOTHING to do with your uterus.  So go pee!  The sperm were placed way toward the back of your uterus - they are not going to come out no matter what you do.  So pee - pee!  LoL

• Options
    I get it.  Logic and TTC don't really go hand in hand - do they?  I hope you feel better now and I've got everything crossed for you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I can understand your fear. It's probably not that you think your reproductive and urinary system are attached, but instead when you pee, you use pelvic muscles when you're peeing, and you're afraid the sperm will get squeezed/pushed out of your vagina when you pee. Iui is different than plain ol' sexy time. Instead of the sperm being deposited into your vagina like with sexy time, the iui deposits them in your uterus, so there is no way of them falling or being squeezed out. Good luck! I hope this is your cycle!!
  • Options
    I am sure you have peed by now..lol. But I just wanted to say that I am pulling for you! Good luck!
    DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I did pee hours ago. MH always says "what am I going to do with you" when I have these crazy moments and my response is always "love me and hold me" and at that he wraps me in his big arms and kisses me. So I hope you girls can Love me through my crazy moments as well! 
    June 2010-Lap

Homestudy 7/19/2011

• Options
    You are definitely not the only one who did this.  I pee right before sex and then hold my pee for at least an hour after sex Stick out tongue.  I hope that your cycle is a huge success.  my fingers are crossed for you.  GL
  • Options

imageDeepak&Derek:
    You are definitely not the only one who did this.  I pee right before sex and then hold my pee for at least an hour after sex Stick out tongue.  I hope that your cycle is a huge success.  my fingers are crossed for you.  GL

I do this too, for the most part!

Of course we'll love you through your crazy moments. We all have crazy moments!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"