3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone else dilated/effaced/contracting at 32 weeks?

I have an irritable uterus, so frequent contractions are the norm for me. But yesterday I was having more than usual (about every 3 mins, most of the day), so I went in to get monitored and they also found I was about 1-2 cms dilated and 50% effaced. The good news is, the FFN test was negative so no need for hospitalization or medical intervention for another 2 weeks at least... but I'm back to weekly checks (same as my last pregnancy) thanks to the cervical changes.

My docs are NOT overly conservative about this stuff, which I like, but it does scare me a bit that so many other people end up hospitalized and on meds, while I'm just walking around as usual. I did go full-term with my DD, though, which is reassuring. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat?

Re: Anyone else dilated/effaced/contracting at 32 weeks?

• Options

im in the same boat. last check at almost 33 weeks i was 2 and 70%. appts are still every 2 weeks. I AM on meds, but told I can "take it easy" and no other restrictions.

in consecutive pregnancies dilation and effacement earlier on doesn't really mean labor is on the way... IDK we shall see :)

• Options

me but I'm 31 weeks.

I am only 1 cm dilated and nothing else I guess. Long cervix still.  They did stop my contractions at 27 weeks but I had a ton yesterday too but no medication to stop them since they weren't changing my cervix. I have already gotten the steroid shots just in case. My abruption causes the contractions, its annoying but I'm on bedrest anyway, so as long as I stay out of the hospital, I'm good!! :)

Hang in there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I started dilating/effacing at about 32 weeks. I was 1cm and not barely effaced, I'm now 2 cm and about 30% effaced.

I'm not having regular contractions though. Lots of cramping, no noticeable  contractions.

I'm 34 weeks now so even though I'd obviously like to keep this guy in for another 4+ weeks, I'm not really worried about going into labor anymore.

My doc doesn't seem too worried either, he has me on the lookout for signs of preterm labor (contractions, bleeding, diarrhea etc.), but otherwise he just seems to think I'm probably going to have a 38 weeker. That would be pretty nice.

• Options
    I'm a loose 1cm dilated and about 60% effaced at my last appointment. I'm on strict bed rest and two different meds for contractions (that aren't seeming to help the last few days). My youngest daughter was born at 35 weeks though so they're just trying to take all precautions to keep this little one in until about 36-37 weeks atleast.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm not dilated yet, but I'm effaced 40%.  I go in weekly to get checked internally or by ultrasound to watch the progress.  I tested positive for the fFN at 27.5 weeks, but negative at 29.5 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a positive FFN on Thursday and was contracting when I was admitted for my steroid shots. They got it under control and I get to go home tonight, but then I'm not sure if I'll be on bed rest after that or what. No dilation, but my cervix felt shorter than it should when she checked too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"