TTC After a Loss
Options

POLL: How long is your luteal phase?

...and did it change at all after your loss?  I had a relatively short one pre-DS (11-12 days, I think).  I took B12 (or was it B6) to lengthen it and I think it got to more like 12-13.  After DS, it got longer, more like 13-14.  Last month, it was 14.5 days before spotting, but my luteal phase was really 15 days if you count the first day of red as day 1.  So far this month, I'm finishing day 15 with not a drop of spotting.  (BFN two days ago)  So this has all gotten me wondering about others' luteal phases and whether or not they changed after a loss.  Thanks!

[POLL]

Re: POLL: How long is your luteal phase?

• Options
    I didn't chart before my loss, but I used OPKs so I'm pretty sure my LPs were closer to 14 days.  Now they are usually 10-11 days, but last cycle it was 13 days, so maybe they are going back to normal...not sure quite yet and I probably won't know for sure since I'm on Clomid this cycle and it can lengthen your LP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My Luteal phase has always been super short - between 8 - 12 days.  It is typically around 10 or 11 days, with B-6 supplements.  Before I had DS, when I was TTC, I took B-6 and actually lengthened my luteal phase to a good 15-16 days.  But I always had roller coaster temps during those long LPs, and it was really hard to get CHs and figure out exactly when O happened.  Now, my LPs are back to being super short, like they always were with the exception of a short time period back in 07 when, for some reason, they lengthened way more than B-6 should have lengthened them....

Because of the short LPs, and the O'ing early in my cycle, I have cycles that are extremely short - averaging 22 - 25 days.  I wonder if this is why I have so much trouble getting KU -- there's just such a short window for anything to implant!  <sigh>

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only charted 2 cycles before my loss so I really don't know what it was for sure.  I think I only had a 12-13 day lp.  Now I have anywhere from a 13-15 day lp so I guess I will say it has gottten longer since my loss.
  • Options
    This is only my 2nd month charting, but last month it was 14 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    10 days here. I don't know if it changed because I got my 2nd BFP the first cycle I temped after my m/c.
  • Options

I was going to ask this exact same question!Surprise

I only started charting since my loss, but mine is 12 days.

• Options

Thanks for doing this poll, this has actually been on my mind a lot for the past few days and I've been curious to see what other people's LPs look like.

It seems that I am not having LPs that last any longer than 10 days. I tend to start spotting between 7-9 days dpo with spotting that is too light to classify as a period. I usually break down and record CD1 on day 3 or 4 of that spotting, even when the flow is still quite light. That means my LP could be as short as 7 days...ugh. I guess I should make an appt to talk to my doc about this since this could be a potential luteal phase defect.

I really struggle with when to call it a CD1 because after the ectopic I seem to get a few super super light days before any real flow starts. Timing wise I always want to think it could be implantation bleeding, but it never seems to turn out that way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine was 8-9 days pre-pg.  I should find out this weekend how long it is post-m/c, since I'm 7DPO today.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"