Hey there. I had two c/s with my first two babies. My first c/s was scheduled because I had (borderline) GD and DS was measuring large. I had no progress at 39w4d, the day of my c/s. If I'd progressed we were leaning more toward an induction, but I was really afraid of a failed induction leading to c/s, and my doctor didn't want me to go overdue with GD. DS was 8 lb 15 oz. I had DD 16.5 months later, via repeat c/s, VBAC not an option with my then-OB. She was 8 lb 13 oz at 38w6d, I had borderline GD in that pregnancy but I think both babies' size was more genetic than GD (both babies similar in size to me and my siblings). I have to say, my c/s experiences were very positive. I was up and walking the same day, felt great the next day, not much pain at all. My OB is well known as a talented surgeon, which I think was a big factor.
So now we've moved to a new state, and yesterday, I met with a new OBGYN. We hope to have a 3rd baby in 2-3 years, and I wanted to find a doctor now to handle yearly exams or random issues, but also to make sure I had a relationship with an OB comfortable with a 3rd c/s. I never really thought VBA2C would even be an option, we're now in a pretty small town, albeit one with a pretty highly respected hospital. Anyway, he was really questioning why my former OB hadn't had me go through the trial of labor first, and mentioned that he'd be very comfortable allowing trial of labor and possible VBAC delivery with our 3rd baby.
I'm SO clueless to all of this. However, I will say the idea definitely intrigues me. This would absolutely be our last baby, and would I maybe one day regret never at least *trying* to labor? I really don't feel optimistic that it would work for me - I never progressed in my other pregnancies, both babies would have been 9-10 pounds had I kept "cooking" longer, etc....but I'd definitely like any information that can prove those pessimistic thoughts to be unfounded!
So basically, I wanted to say hi since I may be lurking around here, and to see if anyone has some good factual information on risks of VBA2C vs. risk of a 3rd c/s? I think my biggest fear (AFTER the obvious fear of harm to my child or myself) would be going through a painful, possibly med-free labor then needing a c/s in the end anyway and feeling really defeated. We're obviously a loooong way from needing to make a real decision here (no 3u3 here!!), but I just feel it can't hurt to educate myself no matter what I end up deciding.