December 2010 Moms

I swear

My heartBURN is so freakin bad that I could just open my mouth & use it as a nightlight.  I am looking forward to that issue being gone!  That is all.

Re: I swear

• So you turned into a fire breathing dragon too!?!?! And to think I thought I was the only one. I have 5 other friends who are pregnant and NOT ONE of them has heart burn or acid reflux, yet I have had it every day since I got pregnant! I feel your pain! Tums is my best friend and Zantac seems to help me out. You may also want to try peppermint tea.
  • OMG I am right there with you. I feel like the acid is just right there in my throat burning a hole through it. I am so done with it. I take Zantac and sleep next to a huge bottle of Tums and sometimes nothing helps. I only slept 2 hours last night before I woke up thinking I was going to die. Tonight its already starting and I have yet to attempt to sleep.

We don't have that much longer to go!

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has been horrible lately too!! If I don't remember to take my pepcid before I go to bed, forget even trying to sleep!! I cannot wait to have a normal digestive system again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What ticks me off is the fact that they said it was going to get better as they drop! If anything mine just gets worse. I woke up every 20 minutes last night because of it. This morning when I got out of bed (with only 3 hours of sleep which was interrupted quite frequently by the fire breathing dragon) I had a coughing fit which made me throw up the acid reflux all over my bed. Thank God I had a couch throw over my comforter because it's a lot easier to wash. I'm so ready for this part of pregnancy to be done and over with. My mom said she had it horribly with me and it stopped the minute she had me. I pray that is the case for all of us, lol.
  • imageSkybaby8487:
    So you turned into a fire breathing dragon too!?!?! And to think I thought I was the only one. I have 5 other friends who are pregnant and NOT ONE of them has heart burn or acid reflux, yet I have had it every day since I got pregnant! I feel your pain! Tums is my best friend and Zantac seems to help me out. You may also want to try peppermint tea.
    Did you just call me a dragon?  RAHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Wink

Yeah, I've tried it all.  I am convinced that LO will have full body hair at this point, not just a full head of hair.  Ach, can you imagine the looks I'd get for scheduling my 3 weeks old for a full body wax?  

• I'm a zantac popper. "People let me tell you bout my best friend!"

I even sometimes take it 2x a day.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSkybaby8487:
    What ticks me off is the fact that they said it was going to get better as they drop! If anything mine just gets worse. I woke up every 20 minutes last night because of it. This morning when I got out of bed (with only 3 hours of sleep which was interrupted quite frequently by the fire breathing dragon) I had a coughing fit which made me throw up the acid reflux all over my bed. Thank God I had a couch throw over my comforter because it's a lot easier to wash. I'm so ready for this part of pregnancy to be done and over with. My mom said she had it horribly with me and it stopped the minute she had me. I pray that is the case for all of us, lol.

I got 4 days of relief when he dropped, I was so happy and thought it was all over, but last night it started up again...bad. I had the same kind of night you did, I slept for a couple hours and then I shot up and nothing I did or took helped. Its already starting tonight, I have a feeling I am spending the night on the couch. 

I was also told as soon as LO is born it goes away, boy I cannot wait!

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • I've been guilty of taking Zantac more than once a day, but I think I would have ripped my throat out if I hadn't. I also have taken more than the recommended dose of tums and justified it with being on a "24 hr schedule" instead of a day being "when i wake up to the next."

• The worse it gets,... the better castor oil looks. haha. I want to stick it out, but darn!
  • imageSkybaby8487:
    The worse it gets,... the better castor oil looks. haha. I want to stick it out, but darn!
    Yeah, not gonna happen.  Because shiiiting myself & getting dehydrated prior to birth just doesn't sound like the kind of birthing experience I want.  I'm happy to have my throat/nightlight at my beck & call! 
  • I wouldn't recommend castor oil to anyone based on what my friend's experiences have been, but the thought of being done is nice. I think it's just knowing you have an option that's relieving more than actually doing it that makes the difference and is comforting.

One of my friends took castor oil. It didn't give her the shits but it did make her very gassy and crampy and she started having contractions. She was in the hospital with contractions for 8 hours and nothing progressed so they sent her home. She didn't have the baby for another 2 weeks after that (1 week late). 

• Ugh I'm there with you I am dreading going to bed because it is worse when I lay down. But sadly I am very tired.. off to bed I go.
  • Wives tale time? Baby with lots of hair! : )) Hehe. I had nasty heartburn too- I hate it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"