Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

clogged duct solutions?

I had another lactation appt today and discovered that I'm not just engorged but seem to have some clogged ducts.  LO had to have her tongue tie clipped today so she's still learning to nurse and hasn't really been efficient in the past because of her tongue tie.  I've been pumping which has helped but I still feel a small spot or two and I'm just wondering if there are any other solutions out there.  I really really want to avoid mastitis.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: clogged duct solutions?

• Options
    In the shower let the warm water flow onto your breast while doing breast compressions...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try and nurse her in a varity of postions, i.e. football hold, side lying, and cradle. Point her nose to the clogged area and compress it when she nurses.
  • Options
    I have had mastitis, and you want to do everything you can to avoid it...it's horrible. My advice: 1) take a hot shower and let the water run over your breast 2) get a wash cloth and soak it with hot water (as hot as you can stand) and place it on your breast over the clogged ducts. Let it sit there for a few minutes keeping it as hot as possible. 3) compress your breast to express milk. Squeeze as hard as you can stand. 4) try nursing as soon as possible after your shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had some clogged ducts.  I breast fed, then pumped while massaging the clogged ducts, then I took a hot shower and kept on massaging the clogged ducts.  That seemed to really help.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"