Success after IF
Options

XP: Anyone look into out of country IVF?

Anyone?  Tips/suggestions?  Is it any cheaper?  DH was thinking Mexico or Canada.  I'm not really sure.  Thanks!
After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
Born 7/30/13

Re: XP: Anyone look into out of country IVF?

• Options

I know that recently Christakim and Davezwife have both done IVF outside the U.S., so if they don't see this and respond you should try paging them later. Good luck!

• Options
    I think there is also someone on IF or TTTC that has just done it recently as well as Christakim and Davez
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yup, those ladies speak the truth ;-)

We did IVF in Costa Rica and Panama in May. (as did 2 other IF'ers in July) I can totally recommend the idea of an IVF Vacation, but unfortunately I cannot recommend the doc/clinic we did it with. (long story)  It ended up being about $8K total, but that's not including some of the 3 weeks of hotel, and some meds. So not a BARGAIN per say, but yes, cheaper than the states.

My suggestion would be to look into someplace that you can start stimming at home, and get there mid-stim. Save a bit of money. Prague, India and Barbados are places I've heard that do IVF Vacations, and key google words. lots of stuff at ticoandlupe.blogspot that we put together when we went, but again, steer clear of the doc we used. In my opinion.

I will say, that although we LOVED the idea of getting away on vacation (we're huge travelers) we, along with Christa, did it with our toddler(s) in tow. PITA. Fun, but PITA. The husbands ended up pulling a lot of weight because we were dealing with stimming, pain, etc. not sure if that's an issue for you, but something to consider. ALSO, there are a few places in the states that do mini-IVF or ones that advertise themselves as qite affordable. California, Chicago... I have links somewhere if you want them.

We ended up just biting off the big bullet and doing a warranty/shared risk program, I have issues keeping a pregnancy initially, and it ended up being a good choice for us. One that made us broke, but we have peace of mind that if it never worked, we'd get most monies back.

Best of luck to you, please ask any questions you have - happy to help!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

I haven't, but since I'm Canadian, wonder why you're considering Canada.  It's definitely not any cheaper here.  The initial pricing you see might make you think it is, but all of our monitoring appointments, blood work, etc are covered by our health care plans, so that doesn't factor into the IVF pricing.  I paid around $8000 for the IVF cycle itself, but again, that doesn't include meds, embryo freezing etc and wouldn't include ultrasounds, blood work and drs appointments. 

If you can find a clinic with a price list, try looking at an out of country price - I think it's comparable to US pricing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"