Preemies

Another synagis question...

For those of you whose babies were approved for the shot, has your LO gotten the first one yet?  I feel like most people are already anticipating the second one and we've heard nothing from our pedi.  We got the approval letter from our insurance company months ago but at my daughter's last check-up (about a month ago) the doctor seemed pretty clueless about when the shot would come in, if it would come to my house or the clinic, etc., etc.   I'm frustrated b/c we're practically into December here... what's the holdup?  Is this normal?

Re: Another synagis question...

• Call your pedi asap! We went around in circles with our insurance company, but finally got the first shot a couple of weeks ago (a month after we should have). There is a person in my pedi's office who's job it is to deal with this. I'd call and start harrassing. You should have had your shot by now and it should be sent to the doctor's office not your house.
  • Usually there is someone at the office who is in charge of Synagsis shots.  Call the office and ask to speak to that person.

Also keep in mind that RSV season varies by state, so some states will start sooner than others. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageahava2005:

Usually there is someone at the office who is in charge of Synagsis shots.  Call the office and ask to speak to that person.

Also keep in mind that RSV season varies by state, so some states will start sooner than others. 

This. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest blog: www.thesmoreslife.blogspot.com
  • Yeah, I would call the doc. We're getting our 3rd shot tomorrow!
  • Thank you!  Am calling her doc now...
  • We got our first in the NICU and then had to make phone calls to insurance, dr's and synagis to get the rest lined up!
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFetus Ticker}
  • I would call your doctor and your insurance pharamcy.  In my situation, the doctor office told me that they haven't heard anything yet.  So I called my insurance (united health care) and found out who handles the procurement of synagis and they said it was Medco.  They gave me the number to Medco and they had a team dealing with just synagis.  What I found out was the Medco never got anything my doctor and gave me the faxed number to give my doctor.  Turns out the Dr's office had the wrong faxed number on file. 

After that we got a letter from the Insurance (UHC) saying the Medco is handling the procurement of synagis.  Then I called Medco to expedite the process and within 2 days the synagis was at the doctors office.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"