Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

If you're still breastfeeding...

How many ounces do you put in a bottle if you pump?

How many times a day are you feeding your LO?

Right now I nurse LO before work (6:30am), after work (4:30pm) and before bed (8:30pm).  He was getting a 7-8oz bottle while I was at work and now I'm sending a 5oz bottle.  I'd like to eliminate the bottle when he's 1 and just nurse him 3x a day.

Does this sound good?  Or should he be nursing more/getting more pumped milk?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you're still breastfeeding...

• Options
    DD is one and she gets 5oz when she wakes up, 2 4-5oz sippy cups at daycare and I nurse her at night
  • Options
    DD gets nursed when she first wakes, and after her afternoon nap.  She started refusing nursing sessions a couple weeks ago.  She refuses her after am nap and before  bed session.  Since i don't have pumped milk to give her, she's been transitioned to cows milk (we did this at 11 months) for those two sessions. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

4oz bottle around 7 when he wakes

4oz bottle at 10am before nap

4oz bottle at 2 before nap

4-6oz bottle at 7:30 before bed.

I've started mixing in whole milk and giving him whole milk in sippys at meal times.

• Options

At his age, I think you're fine.  With DD, 1 middle of the night feeding, before work, two 5oz sippies at daycare, then bedtime.

• Options

she nurses when she wakes up, before her first nap

after nap, before second nap

after second nap

If she takes a bottle it would be 3-5 oz depending

Plus she eats 3 solid meals a day

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

DD nurses when she wakes up, before her first nap, after her nap, has two 4 oz sippy cups. nurses before bed, 1-2 MON feedings. She eats 3 meals a day plus snacks.

She is up at 6 am and doesn't go down until around 11 pm.  

• Options

I'm free from that blasted pump! I nurse

before I leave for work

come home from lunch

when I get home

at bedtime.

If I was still pumping I think he'd get about 3-4 oz each session. He never had more than 5oz in a bottle.

AnniversaryPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We BF in the AM and PM.   He gets bottles of formula (2- 5oz) bottles while I work. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"