Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTC - Timing Sex Question

Hi ladies,

Sadly, I'm back on CD 1 - BOOH HISSS!

I'll be charting this month, but I have a question about when you have sex, specifically the time of day.

Last month we pretty much did it every night right before bed so I could just lay there and fall asleep- so it would "absorb" better.

Do you think it's wise to try at different times during the day or is night optimal since you lay there for hours?

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC - Timing Sex Question

• Options
    I've had this same thought...I will be interested to see responses.  I like the hypothesis about it "absorbing"...I think that way too!
  • Options
    I'm not sure that it really makes a difference...but I've never thought about it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that I read in What to Expect Before You're Expecting that sperm is stronger in the morning. ?We don't really have time for BDing in the morning during the week, so we haven't tried it out yet. ?I'm also not really sure that the evidence they found fully supported it.
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemego36:
    I think that I read in What to Expect Before You're Expecting that sperm is stronger in the morning.  We don't really have time for BDing in the morning during the week, so we haven't tried it out yet.  I'm also not really sure that the evidence they found fully supported it.

I've heard this too. But I honestly don't think it would make that much more of a difference, if any.

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemego36:
    I think that I read in What to Expect Before You're Expecting that sperm is stronger in the morning.  We don't really have time for BDing in the morning during the week, so we haven't tried it out yet.  I'm also not really sure that the evidence they found fully supported it.

I read this too. I've also noticed that I have the most CM in the mornings, so I'm going to try to get some AM sex in this week as soon as I get over this cold!! 

• Options
    I normally get it on at night, and I try to lay there for about 15 minutes or so, but I am afraid to any longer bc of UTI risk-i'm pretty prone to that stuff.  But I don't shower until morning, so maybe some absorbs?  I never have time in the AM, either.  I think as long as you are doing it EOD or so.
  • Options
    Since we both get up pretty early, there isn't much time, so we do it at night.  The absorbtion theory sounds like a good plan.  I know there are other ladies on this board who already have children, but have you tried asking one of the Trimester boards to see what they found to work?  You may get more responses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Options
    I could see where timing might matter, because I have read that the egg can survive for as little as 12 hours.
  • Options
    We usually do it at night as well because the morning isn't always easy to do.   
  • Options

Just make sure you pee. UTIs are evil.

-Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"