Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Uh, so I guess I failed my 1-hour?

Since I had a message when I got home telling me that I'm scheduled for my 3-hour on Thursday?  Thanks for the wealth of info, docs!  Wouldn't it figure that I'd be the girl whose baby is measuring too small but who also has to be on a GD diet so her baby doesn't get too big... 

Anybody else have to do the 3-hour?  How bad was it?  

---------------------------------------------------------------
4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  

Re: Uh, so I guess I failed my 1-hour?

• Options
    Ah crap, a little warning might have been nice.
  • Options

I have had one as part of fertility testing.  I won't lie; I was incredibly lightheaded and disoriented afterward.  The testing itself was fine, I took a book and a laptop and stayeed busy, but afterward it all came crumbling down.  I highly recommend a cooler in the car with some heavy duty protein in it before you drive anywhere, and lots of water.

Good luck!!!!!  I'll probably fail my 1 hour, too.  It's next week and I'm always borderline.  Sad

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I failed my one hour last time.  The three hour was pretty bad because of the lab I had to go to.  It took over an hour for them to make me pee in a cup, then I had to wait on those results before they gave me the drink. It ended up taking 5 hours and I got stuck 5 times.  I hope your experience is a lot better.  Take something to read or keep you occupied!  Oh, but I did pass the 3 hour:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have someone go with you, I almost fainted in a room alone after my 1 hour!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    I'm sorry. T&P's for good results on your 3-hr.
    3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I failed my one hour but I passed the three hour with flying colors. It sucks sitting at a lab that long. I brought a book and went down to my car in between draws (because there was an incredibly smelly man in the waiting room). The drink didn't bother me at the one hour or three hour. The multiple draws suck. I did two in each arm.
    Natural Miscarriage 12/10/09 at 6W4D. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

I had my 3 hour last week (haven't had the results yet) and for me it was just boring and I hated getting pricked 4 times. Other than that, I didn't have any physical side effects at all or feel weird during the test.

And you know- it might warrant a phone call just to make sure that they got the right number- maybe they left a message to the wrong patient's phone number? 

BFP 1/8/10, missed mc 2/15/10, baby @8w3d. Natural mc 2/23/10 Goodbye our sweet little peanut. We love you so. Every lament is a love song...
    Harper Oksana, born on her due date, January 20, 2011, and the love of my life
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man, that sucks.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Options

big FAIL to your doctor's office for their lack of info and tact.

I would blame all of those vegetables you eat. (just kidding). 

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Options

I'm sorry. I failed the 1 hour and had to do the 3 hour. The time of the test went okay, mainly because they found me a room and I was able to lie down and read the whole time. 

I did make the mistake of not bringing a snack with me and so waited a little while longer to eat anything and I was pretty much a mess the rest of the day.

I did pass (though not with flying colors).

Good luck! 

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • Options
    How nice of them to give you a heads up!  I haven't done the 3hr, but good luck!
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"