Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Moms of Redheads

I'm just curious.  Do you and/or your husband have red hair?  What is your redhead's skin tone like?

My husband and I were shocked when our little man's hair grew in red.  My husband has dark hair and skin (he is Latino),  and I am a natural platinum blonde.  We never in a million years thought we'd end up with a redhead, but we absolutely love his coloring.  He's pretty unusual looking because his skin is olive-toned, and he tans even with a lot of sunscreen on.  I'm just wondering if we're alone here. 

My son is toddling his way to two! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms of Redheads

• Options
    I have 2 friends with red head kids, and both kids have brown eyes and are not freckled. None of the parents have red hair. DS is still such a baldie, but at times his hair looks a little orange.
  • Options

Katie has honey colored hair.  Lots of red highlights mixed with sandy-blonde.  Light blue eyes and fair skin, no freckles yet.

I have dark brown hair with green eyes, DH has strawberry blonde with freckles and brownish hazel eyes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is a red head at the moment, but I don't expect it to stay. I am blonde/blue, DH is dark/hazel. My maternal grandparents both had red hair. DS has hazel eyes so people are always commenting on his unique coloring, but I expect his to get darker like his dad as he gets older. It's so cute though, I love it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have red hair and both of my parents have brown hair.  my LO's hair was red at birth and then fell out and he is still hasn't grown any really so we'll see.

• Options

It looks like LO is going to have red hair.  DH is dark brown and yes I have red hair but it's from a bottle.  Everyone thinks LO got his hair from me.  I say it's because I dyed my hair while pregnant :)

• Options

DH and I both have dark hair and brown eyes. My hair gets a little reddish in the sun, but that's about it. My skin is kind of olive-y, DH has PALE skin.

My grandpa, who I was very close to, passed away 2 years ago, and DS looks just like him when he was a baby. Bright red hair, blue eyes and pale skin. The Santa pics were the first time we really noticed it... needless to say, I cried the whole way home from getting the Santa pics! Crying

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"