December 2010 Moms

Evening Primrose Oil...Who has started it and when?

I'm almost 37 weeks and thinking of starting it. You?

Re: Evening Primrose Oil...Who has started it and when?

• I started at 36 weeks, but I'm not taking nearly as much as lots of the women on here.  I just take 2 (sometimes 3 if I remember at lunchtime) 500mg capsules a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I started taking it at 36 weeks.  I take 6 capsules per day (based on the dosage on the bottle).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my 36 week check up yesterday. I asked the doctor about taking EPO and she said I could take four 1,000 mg capsules a day. She said to take one with each meal and one before bed time. She said it doesn't "start labor" but it will help the cervix to soften and get ready for labor to smooth things along. She also said that to start taking the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea (I think that's what it's called). I'm personally not a tea drinker, so I didn't pay too much attention to it. She recommended making a big tub of it and just sipping on it all day since it would be refreshing. It helps to prepare the uterus for more effective contractions from what I heard.

Hope this helps :)

I don't know about you, but I sure am getting anxious to meet this little one and all my friends are starting to have their babies! I don't want to induce myself and wouldn't for a couple weeks anyways, but it sure is getting tempting!

• I take about 4-6 capsules a day plus drink RRL tea and take 2 RRL capsules a day since 37w. I'm 39 tomorrow and have a MW appt so hopefully this shiit works.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"