Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Please tell me I'm not alone! Re: Dressing

DD all of a sudden HATES diapers changes and getting dressed!  She wiggles and flips over and cries and cries.

We almost need both of us to be there.  One to do the work and one to distract her.  We end up giving her things to play with like our keys or remotes that we normally keep away from her just get through it.

Anyone else?  Will it ever pass?

Re: Please tell me I'm not alone! Re: Dressing

• Options
    We're in the same situation.  I am so glad we kept the changing table because it is the only thing that keeps him stationary.  We were out of town for Thanksgiving and changing Sam on the floor was a nightmare.  He kept crawling away and flipping over.  I can take the crying on the table, but not the escaping!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    Yup, as soon as he is laying he fusses, I have to dress him standing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

He's been like that for awhile now.. its as if he has better things to do than getting a diaper changed/dressed.  After his bath is the worse b/c I take the time to lotion him up before putting him diaper and clothes on.

It also takes two of us.. someone is always needed to distract him.  We've tried toys and sometimes it works.. but most of the time he just ends up throwing them on the floor.  Again, as if he couldn't be bothered.  lol

(c) Holly Aprecio Photography - Oct 2011

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, Leighton has been like this too...about the only thing that keeps her still is when we sing "I'm a little teapot" to her and do the motions!! LOL..no joke!! She is mesmerized by that song and the motions we do with it!  (whatever works!! LOL)
  • Options
    same here - I can't wait for this phase to be over!
  • Options

Oh my gosh, story of my life! It's been going on for over 3 weeks and wow, it's exhausting. I close the door to her room when I get her dressed so that as she escapes she doesn't have to far to go!

However, I discovered yesterday, if I give her a bottle or sippy cup to drink during a diaper change, she doesn't budge! Try it, maybe it'll help you?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    OUr little man is the same way. We have special changing time toys that he only gets to play with when he is being changed. That seems to work as long as we don't take too long. If it takes a litle longer than normal, we sing a song or something to keep him distracted.
  • Options
    Yep....especially right before bed time when she's cranky, she doesn't like being sat up and laid back down.  She'll have an outburst and she'll ridge up and toss herself backwards, a couple times coming close to really hitting her head.
  • Options
    imageTMDMJAOCT07:

Oh my gosh, story of my life! It's been going on for over 3 weeks and wow, it's exhausting. I close the door to her room when I get her dressed so that as she escapes she doesn't have to far to go!

However, I discovered yesterday, if I give her a bottle or sippy cup to drink during a diaper change, she doesn't budge! Try it, maybe it'll help you?

Ugh, this is us too! For the past few months we leave an ounce or two in his bottle so there is something to distract him during diaper changes. He hates being on his back and not being able to be on the go all the time.

It really is a 2 person job.

• Options
    imageslmcronelaw:
    Yeah, Leighton has been like this too...about the only thing that keeps her still is when we sing "I'm a little teapot" to her and do the motions!! LOL..no joke!! She is mesmerized by that song and the motions we do with it!  (whatever works!! LOL)
    We sing old MacDonald had a farm and there are all types of animals on his farm. The more exotic the animal the happier DS is. DH and I play the "not it" game because neither of us want to change diapers anymore. It's not fun.
  • Options
    Yes, it is a wrestling match with DS. 
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we're in the same boat as you. we've been here for a couple of months now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes! I have come to dread diaper changes and dressing him! I am alone most of the day too so I feel like an idiot trying to sing and dance to distract him. I find myself giving him ANYthing to play with to calm him down. Ugh!
  • Options
    We're in the same boat. For the past two months he's wanted nothing to do with us and changing time. We have to distract him with toys and sing to him.
  • Options

I think one thing that has helped us is that I still change Tegan on her changing table. She's beginning to outgrow it, but I plan on using it until it's absolutely impossible for her to fit on the changing table. She does move around and wiggle quite a bit, but I think she knows that the changing table is where she gets her diaper changed and that she needs to stay as still as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAbinormal:

I think one thing that has helped us is that I still change Tegan on her changing table. She's beginning to outgrow it, but I plan on using it until it's absolutely impossible for her to fit on the changing table. She does move around and wiggle quite a bit, but I think she knows that the changing table is where she gets her diaper changed and that she needs to stay as still as possible.

I wish this were the case with DS. He likes to dive over the edge so I'm holding him by the ankles! He's kinda crazy though. I've tried strapping him in using the changing table straps, but he still flips over. Potty training can't come soon enough!

• Options
    We went through a phase like that recently... I started giving her a bottle while she was on the change table, and she's stopped most of the issues... the only time she gets upset now is when i'm pulling shirts over her head, or when she can't find the sleeves right away. It only lasted a short while.
  • Options
    Hey! That sounds like my DD! I sing to her and talk to her and it usually helps a little bit, but every time I get to the second flap on the diaper, she starts it again. It is almost always near impossible to put pants on her. I even tried giving her a toy. By the time I get to the second flap, she drops it and is done. Every time.
  • Options
    Diaper changes are like Wrestlemania at our house. You are not alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"