2nd Trimester

Why do I feel sad?

Sooooo, I just had my ultrasound & found out it's a GIRL! My husband wanted a boy so badly and I was almost scared to to tell him. When I finally did, he seemed disappointed & that made me feel like crap so here I am crying. 

Re: Why do I feel sad?

• Sorry your husband was a jerk. Tell him to get over it and be happy for his healthy child. BTW, no reason for you to feel like crap. It was his sperm.

• Disappointed to be having a healthy baby girl.... hmmmm...

Ignore your husband and be excited.  There are many, many people that struggle to have children, that deal with loss or infertility.  Being disappointed about the sex of your healthy child is ridiculous. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband wanted a girl and he had 'gender shock' at first.  I can tell you one thing...he got over that one and loves Katie to no end.  They are two peas in a pod.  They have the same mannerisms, she looks so much like him it's crazy, and they even both have the same weird love for Parmesan cheese. 

Give him time, he should eventually come around.  Having a daughter is a wonderful thing, they are so much fun.

• Wow, what a d.ck your husband is being.  I'm sorry you are going through this sadness at what's supposed to be such a happy time. Don't let him bring you down.. he should be happy that the baby looks healthy.. boy or girl.  ugh. some people.  Angry

Congratulations on your baby girl!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry. :( I know your hubby wanted a boy but there is nothing that can be done to choose your childs gender (nothing scientifically proven that is) it is really a luck of the draw. What is important is that the baby is healthy.

If you plan to have more children later, you will have another chance to have a boy then.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • You could always tell him that it was his choice for a boy and girl not yours. My sister had the same problem with her husband. He wanted a little boy and now his little girl is a year old he loves her to death. She follows him everywhere around the house wanting his attention. He will come around.
    Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • imageambrandau2:

Sorry your husband was a jerk. Tell him to get over it and be happy for his healthy child. BTW, no reason for you to feel like crap. It was his sperm.

I was going to mention this too. The mans sperm chooses the gender, so maybe you can tell him this is all his fault, then see how he feels. No need for him to react in any other way than to be happy.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • imageambrandau2:

Sorry your husband was a jerk. Tell him to get over it and be happy for his healthy child. BTW, no reason for you to feel like crap. It was his sperm.

Yes 

Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • imagethediarywithin:
    You could always tell him that it was his choice for a boy and girl not yours. My sister had the same problem with her husband. He wanted a little boy and now his little girl is a year old he loves her to death. She follows him everywhere around the house wanting his attention. He will come around.

yes, and tell him if he doesn't come around.. like, right this second, then he damn well better start faking it for your sake.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies!

You made me feel better. It is his sperm that determines the sex, right? I just  wish his reaction was different. We have a blended family. From my 1st marriage I had 2 boys & 1 girl and my husband has a daughter from a previous relationship so I can understand that he wants a son badly. It's not my fault though! 

He says we'll try again in 5 years. Lol... ummmm IDK about that one.

Well, I hope he will be happy for my sake cuz I feel like crawling under a rock & hiding. 

• I'm sorry you (your husband) didn't get what you were hoping for.  I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling a little disappointment.  That said, its a healthy baby and that is something to be thankful for!!  Allow yourself some time to come to terms with it - realize that she has ALWAYS been a girl since day 1, and then start falling in love with your daughter.  Once she is here, she will have your DH wrapped around her little finger. :)

imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• imagemissesru:

Disappointed to be having a healthy baby girl.... hmmmm...

Ignore your husband and be excited.  There are many, many people that struggle to have children, that deal with loss or infertility.  Being disappointed about the sex of your healthy child is ridiculous. 

Agreed. Very agreed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just be happy you both are having a healthy baby.  He may just be surprised cause he wanted a boy, but once he see's his little baby girl, she'll be a dady's girl.  My parents wanted a boy so bad, but they ended up with 3 girls.  My dad is an awesome dad, and even tho he may have wanted a boy, and ended up with 3 daughters, we never felt less loved.

Perhaps he is still in shock, if you both have open communication, then maybe talk it over.  It might help you understand what he is feeling even tho you don't agree.

I think regardless you should be happy.  You can now prepare for a baby girl :) congrats!

• oh just wait... he will be wrapped around her little finger as soon as she gets here. Men are so silly about it sometimes. My hubby wants "a football team, no cheerleaders!" but you get what you get, and you love them 100%!

He'll get over it!  Congrats on your little girl!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aw I'm sorry :( Enjoy your baby girl!! HE is the one who determined she would be a she, don't let it bother you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"