Trouble TTC
Options

IVF Resources?

DH and I went to the RE last month and were told that IVF with ICSI or donor sperm were our only options. We plan to try IVF, but I'm feeling very overwhelmed with questions. And since there is so much I don't know, there are probably lots of questions that I'm not even aware of yet (if that makes any sense at all! :P). 

Can anyone recommend good resources (online or books) that could help me learn more about the details of an IVF cycle? I've been using Google, but I'm just not coming up with much. I'm wondering about things like medications and side effects, typical timelines, frequency of monitoring, etc.

In my RE's defense, he may have told us some of this. I was just so overwhelmed and sad that it all sounded much like the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons. DH is starting to ask me questions about IVF, and I'm realizing that I just don't know the answers.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it! :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Formerly Otter*Pop
Dx=Severe MFI IVF#1 with ICSI=BFP!
Lots of love and luck to my TTGP IVF Buddy Kathy4678!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IVF Resources?

• Options

You should try the Couple's Guide to In Vitro Fertilization.  It might not give you everything you want to know, but it gives you a basic understanding.  My DH read it and he doesn't usually read books!

I have a few blogs I like to read, too.  One of these is www.ivfauthority.com.  It is Dr. Sher's blog. 

This isn't my clinic's website, and my RE disagrees with some of the information, but I find this clinic's website very helpful:  https://www.advancedfertility.com/

Of course, if you have questions, you can always ask on here!

ETA - And, don't be surprised if your protocol, monitoring, etc. is different from others you read about.  Each RE has their own methods!  For example, my RE doesn't start follie checks until CD 9 (7 days after you start stims), except under certain circumstances.  Most REs start follie checks earlier.

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

IVF is very overwhelming. I am overwhelmed daily. The best thing you can do is a bit of research and then just take it day by day.

I found that I learned so much on here, from others experiences and by visiting reputable websites. 

Good luck to you. 

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"