2nd Trimester
Options

XP: Heartburn

Wht did your OB approve taking for it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Heartburn

• Options
    Tums are on my "approved list" and work wonders for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB said that Tums, and Zantac are ok to take. I asked the pharmacy at one point, and they told me something totally wrong. So I would call your OB if your are not sure on what to take.
  • Options
    Tums (ob approved), milk, anything cold & mint helps me somewhat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Tums and Zantac

I hate the aftertaste of Tums

• Options
    I'm pretty sure my heartburn ate a hole in my throat at one point. It's been absolutely brutal. Tums didn't do crap for me. Mylanta has helped a lot, it also seems to have a minor numbing factor too it that eases the burn in my throat. GL!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Green apples, tums (smoothies are the best), zantac (ranitidine) and my Chriopractor has worked miracles.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Chamomile tea and Tums. Rolaids were specifically on the no list.
  • Options
    Tums. I eat 'em like candy.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageErinSea:
    Chamomile tea and Tums. Rolaids were specifically on the no list.

I was told to stay away from Chamomile during pregnancy. Weird.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Huh! I just read through a bunch of herbs lists I got from my midwife and found one from Whole Foods that says avoid chamomile and 2 others that say it's great during pregnancy for relaxation and digestion. It's been helpful for me so I'm going to stick with it, but I guess it's just one of those many things even wise people disagree on.

I also saw papaya on the list to help with heartburn, haven't tried it, but I might as well throw it out there, couldn't possibly be bad, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"