Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Got my period, so ambivalent (multiple losses mentioned)

After my first m/c I was waiting so impatiently for my period and was SO excited when it arrived.  I think I literally sent an email to all my friends, as if they would care. 

My period came back after the second m/c a few days ago, which means we can start TTC again (according to my OB).  This time I am so scarred, though, like I don't feel ready to move on.  Anyone feel this way after a second (or subsequent) loss?

DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c

Re: Got my period, so ambivalent (multiple losses mentioned)

• Options
    I haven't gone through what you've gone through, so I can't relate (I'm anxious for my period to arrive) but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're feeling scared.  Have you been over to the TTCAL board yet since this miscarriage?  I'm guessing there are some ladies over there in your same situation.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options

This is my first lost, but I am feeling the same way.  DH really wants to try again after our first cycle (ER doc who is an OB said with my history there is no reason to wait, but my midwife said (as a standard protocol) to wait 3 months.  I'll take ER's advice over midwife as I was highly disapointed with her in general).  I am terrified, mostly I am depressed that I will never get that "pregnancy glow" or worry-free pregnancy, I feel like we've been robbed of that innocence, and that even a strong heartbeat on an ultrasound can't be a reassuring sign and I will spend 9 months of constant worry and fear for the worst after this horrible ordeal. 

You are definitely not alone! I am 4 weeks post m/c and terrified of AF showing up!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm waiting for my first AF after my 2nd miscarriage and I'm terrified to try again. I understand how you feel.
  • Options
    Sorry for your losses.  I felt the same way after 2 losses in a row.  My second loss seemed much harder and I am still dealing with feelings of sadness and anxiety over whether I'll get pregnant again and if so, whether I'll have a take-home baby.  At first I was reluctant to try again because I'm so scared to possibly face another loss.  However, ultimately I want to be pregnant again and have a baby so I just push through the feelings of sadness and try to have hope.  I think these feelings are pretty common.  As a PP suggested, consider visiting the TTCAL board, even if you're not actively TTC yet.  
    Anniversary BFP #1: 5-20-10, m/c 5-29-10 @ 5w6d BFP #2: 8-04-10, missed m/c discovered 8-31-10, d&c 9-02-10 BFP #3: 4-08-11 ~ EDD: 12-16-11 Praying that the third time's a charm... Please get comfy & stick around LO!
  • Options
    I understand how you feel.  After my first m/c, I bought into the "this isn't uncommon, it's unlikely to happen again" philosophy, so I was ready to try again thinking it wouldn't happen a second time.  I had my second m/c in October, and I am feeling really uneasy about trying again because of the fear of having another loss. 
  • Options
    I think your feelings are your feelings and they will change with every life experience. Maybe you do need more time with this loss. Maybe you are feeling differently now. Just listen to your heart and do what feels right to you. (((HUGS)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"