Parenting after 35
Options

The dog goes home today - a crabby vent

not a moment too soon.  Margaux has the sniffles and runny eyes, I am tired as a whole string of bad words muttered under the breath, and I have no room in my heart for a needy, barky, whiny little dog right now.  I would love to sit on the couch with a warm but yucky decaf, a sleepy baby and a blanket, with the cats in their usual snuggling positions, but nope.  The couch is on the other side of the gate keeping the dog apart from the baby and cats, and every time I go through it the dog goes into a needy, quivering, yappy frenzy.

If I put her in the yard, she sits by the door and WHINES forever.  

I know there are awesome, calm, mellow dogs, I have known quite a few.  This one is NOT going to win me over to the dog side, though. 

Okay, vent over.  I'm sure that was pregnancy hormones talking. 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: The dog goes home today - a crabby vent

• Options

Ugh - on behalf of all dog owners I am so sorry for your horrible experience.

• Options

Why didn't I know you were pregnant?  How far along are you?

There ARE awesome, calm, mellow dogs . . . but most dogs are not calm and mellow unless they are older/seniors.  That's just the cold, hard truth.  But they're still awesome in a dog way, even when they are jumping around, and desperate for your attention.  :-)

And little dogs seem to behave like little shyts their entire lives (no offense, little dog lovers).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKristelRobin:

Why didn't I know you were pregnant?  How far along are you?

There ARE awesome, calm, mellow dogs . . . but most dogs are not calm and mellow unless they are older/seniors.  That's just the cold, hard truth.  But they're still awesome in a dog way, even when they are jumping around, and desperate for your attention.  :-)

And little dogs seem to behave like little shyts their entire lives (no offense, little dog lovers).

I'm six-ish weeks, still too early yet to put a ticker on, especially with my history.  :)  It's a secret to everyone except Rom and you guys, we're waiting until at least a confirmed heartbeat before telling anyone.

I think this experience just cements Rom and I as cat people.  I'd always had cats, but I wasn't against having a dog.  I've known some great dogs.  Now, well, even if this is just an exceptionally needy animal, it's shown me that I don't have it in me to own a dog. 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I'm on the couch with you, Peppa!

My neighbors were gone for a week and took their dogs with them.. it was heavenly!   They have a huge German Shepard that barks at everything.. birds, cars, the wind, you name it.  Then they have a yappy little puffball that has a Napoleon complex.   They're outside just enough to be annoying.   And in the summer, they don't clean up the poop enough and I end up having to tell them to clean their shiiit up--it stinks.

I secretly wish the coyotes would get them.

Cats are so much easier.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Well, sorry it was a sucky experience. I'm glad it's over DogSmile!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"