Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Daycare and bottle dilemna

Ok, so at home, our daughter typically gets 2-3 bottles a day. She really can deal with an 8 oz bottle in the morning and an 8 oz bottle at night, but sometimes she gets an extra one during the day depending on how much she eats for breakfast. I'd really like to eliminate the middle of the day bottle (trying to eliminate all bottles, but starting with one) and have just the morning and evening bottles. She does great with a sippy cup and she drinks from her sippy cup with every meal and snack.

However, at daycare, all of the babies get a bottle around the 10/10:30 AM time. When I attempted to get rid of the middle of the day bottle at daycare, she had a meltdown when she saw all the other babies getting a bottle and all she had was her sippy (I can't say that I blame her) and so the teachers kindly suggested that she continue to have the one bottle at daycare.

Well, my problem is this, I am fine with her having that bottle for now, but is this always going to be an issue? There is always going to be several babies in her room who still have a bottle and so if she's really that upset that she doesn't have one, I'll feel awful for not sending one for her.

What should I do in this situation? If I manage to eliminate all bottles at home, do you think she's still going to want that one bottle at daycare? If that's the case, is there really any point in eliminating bottles at home?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Daycare and bottle dilemna

• Options

I'm impressed you've got her down to so little!! I'll be sending bottles to DC (4!!!! though she rarely touches the 4th) until she's done with the bottle just in case she refuses the sippy or has a meltdown. They give will transfer from teh bottle to a sippy but she's still a baby so to ensure she gets what she needs, I, personally send the bottles.

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesuperaunt:

I'm impressed you've got her down to so little!! I'll be sending bottles to DC (4!!!! though she rarely touches the 4th) until she's done with the bottle just in case she refuses the sippy or has a meltdown. They give will transfer from teh bottle to a sippy but she's still a baby so to ensure she gets what she needs, I, personally send the bottles.

Oh yeah, I definitely want her to get what she needs. That's why she still gets the middle of the day bottle for right now. I want her to continue to have the bottle as long as she needs it, but I'm concerned for when we wean her from the bottle. She's most likely still going to want a bottle, but just not need one, you know? If she sees the other babies with a bottle, do you think she's going to continue to get upset, even if she isn't drinking from a bottle at home?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yeah i was coming back here to add that she probably will want a bottle cuz of the others but i bet if you continue doing sippy at home and as long they have a sippy at DC, she'll start wanting the sippy over the bottle. just keep praising her and telling her what a Big Girl she is and she'll probably drop that bottle in no time.

and now i must take my own advice and try to make the switch with my own doll. sigh. it's all happening soooo fast!

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"